Troubleshoot your device issues
ckuczek's profile

Professor

• 

517 Messages

Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 8:31 PM

Samsung Solstice 2 Notifications Settings Question

I have a Samsung Solstice 2 and I have a question about the widget that appears when you are notified of a missed call, a text message, a voice mail, etc.  I prefer to have that widget on my main home screen at all times and after I am done checking whatever I received, the widget will disappear back into the widgets bar.  Is there a way to change the settings so that I can keep that widget on my screen?

I do have another question that I forgot to ask on here.  I noticed that when I go to the Silent profile and I turn the vibration intensity to zero and save, it effects my normal sound profile on my phone.  How come there is no vibration intensity setting on the other sound profiles?  In order to feel any vibration feedback when I unlock the screen is to have the vibration intensity setting on 7, which is the highest.  Why did Samsung do this? :-S  I find it strange.  Shouldn't every ringer profile have its own set of settings?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@ckuczek wrote:

I have a Samsung Solstice 2 and I have a question about the widget that appears when you are notified of a missed call, a text message, a voice mail, etc.  I prefer to have that widget on my main home screen at all times and after I am done checking whatever I received, the widget will disappear back into the widgets bar.  Is there a way to change the settings so that I can keep that widget on my screen?

Oh my gosh. 😄 That is so ironic! On my Mythic, when I have a new alert(s), after I am done checking it, it WON'T go away; it'll just stay there! 😄 That's kind of funny because I have been trying to figure out a way to make it go back to the widget bar, but I can't seem to find a setting for it. So I guess we're opposites? 😉 On my sister's original Solstice, her event widget retreats back to the bar after she's checked her notifications, too. I wish mine would be like that instead of always staying out. 😛 Not really sure there's a setting to make it stay out, but you can look around in the settings - I think "Display" > "Widgets". But I think that only allows you to choose what applications you want on the widget...

Professor

• 

517 Messages

13 years ago

HAHA!  That's funny.Smiley Surprised  We both have a similar problem.  I just want to find a way to make my events widget stay on the screen the whole time.  I just wish it would cooperate. 😛

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

I just played around with my Mythic's widget settings, and there isn't even a event widget icon in the settings... I don't know of any other way to make it stay out, other than manually dragging it back out.

Professor

• 

517 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the information.  I bet that is the only way to deal with that. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.