For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
azurecrimsonrose's profile

Mentor

• 

91 Messages

Sunday, February 10th, 2013 9:27 PM

Samsung Rugby III freezing and rebooting problem?

Hello everyone.  I purchased a Samsung Rugby III brand new almost two weeks ago and noticed something odd with the phone today.  I was in my address book in the process of editing a contact when the phone started beeping fast, as though I was pressing buttons, it froze, and then rebooted by itself.  I have done a battery pull with the device on and both a resset and restore the phone to factory settings.  This is the first time this phone has malfunctioned since I purchased it.  The operating system on the phone is also up to date.  What can I do if this phone malfunctions again?

Scholar

• 

154 Messages

11 years ago

I got the phone back from the repair center this past Tuesday and the same thing is going on.  There actually was a problem with the phone.  It was having trouble downloading the most current version of the operating system.  So that was updated and now when I go to check for an operating system update, I see the following message:

The server is currently unavailable.  Your device will automatically check for an update within the next 48 hours.

Before I sent the phone in for repairs, I could check for an operating system update and it would read on the screen that the operating system was up to date.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

This will take a while:

I went shopping at AT&T store, decided to get a Rugby III, but didn't want to pay the $270 price tag.  I went home and ordered one for $100 (new) off Amazon.  When it arrived, it had an error where it didn't recognize it's own IMEI number, and therefor couldn't sync with the AT&T Address Book.  I exchanged it with the seller, got another one, it did the same thing.  In talking with the seller, they said their supplier was "working on it".  While I was waiting for them to figure it out, I ordered, again from Amazon, but a different vendor, another Rugby III.  This one came, and had the error described above.  For me, it has been most often happening when I listen to MP3's.  I can start an MP3 (listening through my bluetooth earpiece), and within 5 minutes it will freeze and reboot.  So, I called and exchanged the phone with vendor 2.  Meanwhile, vendor 1 says they have the IMEI problem fixed, and ships me another phone.  This new phone (#3) from vendor 1 has the same freeze and reboot problem that vendor 2's phones did.  I received the exchange phone from vendor 2, and it also freeze's and reboots. 

I finally decided I would have been money and frustration ahead if I had just bought the more expensive phone from AT&T.  Today I went to the AT&T store, bought the Rugby III.  Tonight, after setting it up and sync'ing all my contacts etc., I tried an MP3 and within 5 minutes, freeze and reboot.  I've found that if I start the MP3's up again, it will reboot a second time, but on the 3rd time, it will just shut down and I'll have to pull the battery to get it to restart.

It seems there is a software error in the Rugby's, and it doesn't matter where it comes from.  I have (apparently) successfully updated my software, and this HASN'T fixed the problem.  Should I ship all these phones back?  Anyone?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.