Troubleshoot your device issues
azurecrimsonrose's profile

Mentor

• 

91 Messages

Sunday, February 10th, 2013 9:27 PM

Samsung Rugby III freezing and rebooting problem?

Hello everyone.  I purchased a Samsung Rugby III brand new almost two weeks ago and noticed something odd with the phone today.  I was in my address book in the process of editing a contact when the phone started beeping fast, as though I was pressing buttons, it froze, and then rebooted by itself.  I have done a battery pull with the device on and both a resset and restore the phone to factory settings.  This is the first time this phone has malfunctioned since I purchased it.  The operating system on the phone is also up to date.  What can I do if this phone malfunctions again?

Mentor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

I just wanted to add that this issue happened again.  It occurs when I add a contact and then try to edit that person's information.  The phone has not been damaged in any way.  It sits in the case and the contacts I have on my SIM card now were already there on my old card when the lady at the AT&T store copied them from the old card to the new card.  None of my other phones have ever done this before.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

Well, you can call Warranty for another phone, if you want to go that route since you just got it, but you'll get a refurbished phone. Hopefully, someone will have some better advice before you do that...

Mentor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

I went to the same AT&T Wireless store last night and I got it replaced.  However, while in the store, the replacement device did the same thing.  When contacts were copied onto the SIM card, and that same action was performed, it did not freeze and reboot like that. I did a live chat with a Samsung employee last night and the person told me that it could either be the phone or the SIM card, which is brand new.  So the person recommended that I try another AT&T SIM card to narrow it down between whether it is the phone or the SIM card.  

Mentor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

Both the phone and SIM card have been replaced and I then made arrangements with Samsung to send this phone in for repairs.  I think it is a software issue.  Everything else on the phone works fine.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@azurecrimsonrose wrote:

Both the phone and SIM card have been replaced and I then made arrangements with Samsung to send this phone in for repairs.  I think it is a software issue.  Everything else on the phone works fine.

Hope you have anothger phone to use in the meantime. It seems a shame that you had a new phone, had to get a replacement and now have to send it in for repairs. 😞 Hope it works for you once you get it back, after all you've been through. Please post back and let us know how it's working for you. Good luck!

Mentor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah, I know.  It is a shame.  I am glad that I decided to send it in for repairs, though.  It turns out that this model has an issue with the software.  The software has been updated and they say the phone works just fine now. 🙂  I am looking forward to receiving it this coming week.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@azurecrimsonrose wrote:

Yeah, I know.  It is a shame.  I am glad that I decided to send it in for repairs, though.  It turns out that this model has an issue with the software.  The software has been updated and they say the phone works just fine now. 🙂  I am looking forward to receiving it this coming week.

Can't wait to find out how it works for you. 🙂

Mentor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

Hey DCookie.  Thanks.  I am also looking forward to seeing how it works out.  I posted a message on here for other Samsung Rugby III owners to read.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@azurecrimsonrose wrote:

Hey DCookie.  Thanks.  I am also looking forward to seeing how it works out.  I posted a message on here for other Samsung Rugby III owners to read.

That's great!! That's what we're supposed to be here for...to help each other, if we can. I hope your post helps others who may run into the same problem. 🙂

Mentor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

I hope it does as well.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.