Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 10, 2010
3:40:55 PM
View profile
Samsung Capitvate moving pictures

Is there anyway to make new folders in the gallery and move pictures from one folder to another from the phone or does this have to be done from a computer with the phone hooked up in USB mode?  Thanks

Basically I am wanting to take a picture on the phone, the move it into another folder in the gallery while doing this all from the phone.

Is there anyway to make new folders in the gallery and move pictures from one folder to another from the phone or does this have to be done from a computer with the phone hooked up in USB mode?  Thanks

Basically I am wanting to take a picture on the phone, the move it into another folder in the gallery while doing this all from the phone.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 11, 2010 8:33:39 AM
(0)
Professor

Again, in My Files, when you're in the folder with the files you want to move, press the menu button, More, Move. You'll see a check box next to each file. Just tap the check boxes of the files you want to move, then tap Move.

Accepted Solution

Samsung Capitvate moving pictures

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2010 5:21:36 AM
(0)
Professor

You can't do it from the Gallery, but you can do it from My Files. My Files is in your app drawer. You can add folders and move pictures or any other type of files you might want to organize. Once you finish moving files, the media scanner will run and the folder will show up in the Gallery.

You can't do it from the Gallery, but you can do it from My Files. My Files is in your app drawer. You can add folders and move pictures or any other type of files you might want to organize. Once you finish moving files, the media scanner will run and the folder will show up in the Gallery.

Re: Samsung Capitvate moving pictures

2 of 4 (1,528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2010 7:02:04 AM
(0)
Mentor

Thank you that worked.  Is there a way to select multiple files or is it just selecting one file at a time to move?

Thank you that worked.  Is there a way to select multiple files or is it just selecting one file at a time to move?

3 of 4 (1,509 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 11, 2010 8:33:39 AM
(0)
Professor

Again, in My Files, when you're in the folder with the files you want to move, press the menu button, More, Move. You'll see a check box next to each file. Just tap the check boxes of the files you want to move, then tap Move.

4 of 4 (1,488 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments