For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
rachb11's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, December 21st, 2008 11:34 PM

Closed

SIMPIN1??

I was playing around with my phone yesterday and came across something that said to enter my SIMPIN. I had no idea what this was. It's an 8 digit code and I tried a few things I thought it might have been. Now my phone is locked. Obviously, this wasn't one of my smarter moves, I should have left it alone. But anyway, now I can't get into my phone, which is proving problematic. 

Here's what happens when I turn my phone on:

A little message block pops up and says: "SIM Blocked"

It gives me the option to "Unlock" which then takes me a block titled: "PIN1 Unblock Code"

The PIN1 Unblock Code is supposed to be 8 digits long and it accepts any combination, the problem is the next 2 screens

After entering in any 8 digit code combo, I am taken to a screen that says: "Enter New SIM PIN"

Once again, any combo is accepted

Then I am taken to a new screen that says: "Re-enter New SIM PIN"

Now, logically, I feel that it should accept the same 8 digit code I just entered, but of course it doesn't.

Instead a little message pops up that says: "Code invalid. Try again."

Then I am taken back to the original SIM Blocked screen.

Any help? AT&T stores aren't open on Sundays and neither is their customer service hotline. It's pretty important that I get my phone in working order ASAP as this is my only form of communication (I don't have a home line).

Thanks in advance to any advice that you can give me! 

Accepted Solution

Guru

• 

642 Messages

15 years ago

1-800-331-0500 - 24/7 customer support

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

I need to talk to an operator and there aren't any there if you call that number. Only a small list of automated options (such as paying your bill) are available. Thank you for your help though!

Guru

• 

642 Messages

15 years ago

Hit "0"  at the first prompt and then hit "0" again at the second - you will get to a CSR -

You do not have to listen to the automated menu.

Message Edited by prubin on 12-21-2008 06:59:59 PM
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.