SIMPIN1??

Highlighted
Contributor

SIMPIN1??

I was playing around with my phone yesterday and came across something that said to enter my SIMPIN. I had no idea what this was. It's an 8 digit code and I tried a few things I thought it might have been. Now my phone is locked. Obviously, this wasn't one of my smarter moves, I should have left it alone. But anyway, now I can't get into my phone, which is proving problematic. 

Here's what happens when I turn my phone on:

A little message block pops up and says: "SIM Blocked"

It gives me the option to "Unlock" which then takes me a block titled: "PIN1 Unblock Code"

The PIN1 Unblock Code is supposed to be 8 digits long and it accepts any combination, the problem is the next 2 screens

After entering in any 8 digit code combo, I am taken to a screen that says: "Enter New SIM PIN"

Once again, any combo is accepted

Then I am taken to a new screen that says: "Re-enter New SIM PIN"

Now, logically, I feel that it should accept the same 8 digit code I just entered, but of course it doesn't.

Instead a little message pops up that says: "Code invalid. Try again."

Then I am taken back to the original SIM Blocked screen.

Any help? AT&T stores aren't open on Sundays and neither is their customer service hotline. It's pretty important that I get my phone in working order ASAP as this is my only form of communication (I don't have a home line).

Thanks in advance to any advice that you can give me! 

Message 1 of 4
Guru

Re: SIMPIN1??

1-800-331-0500 - 24/7 customer support
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I need to talk to an operator and there aren't any there if you call that number. Only a small list of automated options (such as paying your bill) are available. Thank you for your help though!
Message 3 of 4
Guru

Hit "0"  at the first prompt and then hit "0" again at the second - you will get to a CSR -

You do not have to listen to the automated menu.

Message Edited by prubin on 12-21-2008 06:59:59 PM
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support