Troubleshoot your device issues
noeljn's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 29th, 2013 3:53 AM

SIM swapping

my iphone 4s qualifies for an upgrade this month but my wife's phone it not yet eligible for an upgrade, so I went ahead & ordered the S3 as my upgrade. att informed me that the phone has been shipped & will come with a sim card (i pressume that I have to activate it). my questions are:

-do i really have to activate the SIM that came with the phone?

-can my wife use her SIM card to the S3 without activating the SIM card that came with it?

any help or input is greatly apprecaited! 🙂

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

11 years ago

Typically if the SIM that comes with the phone hasn't been activated you just hold on to it. If at some point you need to activate a new SIM (SIM got lost, contacts wore out, what not) you have a spare in your hands and then you can just call it in without having to go to a store.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

11 years ago

Assuming your wife's phone has a micro-SIM you can just put it in the S3. You may have to give AT&T a call to get the data provisioning right and to straighten out their idea of which phone goes with which line, but if everything works right you won't even have to do that.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

'preciate the input dmapr. yes, her phone does have the micro-SIM in it.i'm gonna try that. so what will i do with the SIM that comes with the phone?should i just ignore it?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

thanks again dmapr! God bless!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.