Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 5, 2009
2:33:55 PM
View profile
Ringtones & the new ROM for Fuze

I installed the new ROM last night and for the most part I'm pretty happy. 

I do have one problem that I can't seem to solve though.  In the old version of the ROM I could use mp3s as ring tones.  Even though I put the ring tone I used before I reflashed the phone in the ringtones folder, the phone doesn't seem to recognize it. 

Could this be size issue?  The ringtone is 29 seconds long but 463Kb in size.

Any suggestions?

I installed the new ROM last night and for the most part I'm pretty happy. 

I do have one problem that I can't seem to solve though.  In the old version of the ROM I could use mp3s as ring tones.  Even though I put the ring tone I used before I reflashed the phone in the ringtones folder, the phone doesn't seem to recognize it. 

Could this be size issue?  The ringtone is 29 seconds long but 463Kb in size.

Any suggestions?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 6, 2009 3:32:48 PM
(0)
Mentor
Go here and download the provided link on the bottom, fixed it for me : http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=cingular&thread.id=103389
Accepted Solution

Ringtones & the new ROM for Fuze

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2009 2:54:30 PM
(0)
Mentor

I found a solution but it still was easier in the old ROM.

I broke down and read the docs.  It turns out if you can use the file explorer to set a ring tone.  Use file explorer to find the ringtone.  Using the stylus, click and hold.  One of the items on the pop-up menu is 'set as ringtone'.

However, you still can't select that mp3 from the TF3D ringtone interface or the notifications interface.

So I'm still looking for suggestions.

I found a solution but it still was easier in the old ROM.

I broke down and read the docs.  It turns out if you can use the file explorer to set a ring tone.  Use file explorer to find the ringtone.  Using the stylus, click and hold.  One of the items on the pop-up menu is 'set as ringtone'.

However, you still can't select that mp3 from the TF3D ringtone interface or the notifications interface.

So I'm still looking for suggestions.

Re: Ringtones & the new ROM for Fuze

2 of 17 (4,231 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2009 4:12:12 PM
(0)
Guru

Experienced same problem - since I like to have individual ringtones for multiple contacts, found it easier to revert to shipped ROM.

With the exception of the new Radio, I have upgraded everything else (thanks to XDA) to conform with the specs of the new ROM.

Experienced same problem - since I like to have individual ringtones for multiple contacts, found it easier to revert to shipped ROM.

With the exception of the new Radio, I have upgraded everything else (thanks to XDA) to conform with the specs of the new ROM.

3 of 17 (4,209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2009 5:08:02 PM
(0)
Mentor
With the new rom, all you have to do is open the contact, then edit, then select the ringtone you want for the contact.
With the new rom, all you have to do is open the contact, then edit, then select the ringtone you want for the contact.

4 of 17 (4,197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2009 12:56:37 AM
(0)
Mentor

I tried dper1's suggestion.  Yes - his description describes the steps but my mp3s don't show up in that list either.

I'm still looking for a solution that allows me to use mp3s as ringtones.

I tried dper1's suggestion.  Yes - his description describes the steps but my mp3s don't show up in that list either.

I'm still looking for a solution that allows me to use mp3s as ringtones.

5 of 17 (4,159 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 6, 2009 3:32:48 PM
(0)
Mentor
Go here and download the provided link on the bottom, fixed it for me : http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=cingular&thread.id=103389

6 of 17 (4,104 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2009 7:13:37 PM
(0)
Mentor
That worked great.  Thanks.
That worked great.  Thanks.

7 of 17 (4,080 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2009 5:09:23 PM
(0)
Mentor
thanks for linking to noringtonelimit.cab :-) fixed my problem..... I knew I saw an answer when i looked thru here.... I love you guys!!!
thanks for linking to noringtonelimit.cab :-) fixed my problem..... I knew I saw an answer when i looked thru here.... I love you guys!!!

8 of 17 (3,983 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2009 7:47:33 PM
(0)
Mentor
Its great when you can get help when you need, thats a great thing about the internet. I too want to thank this forum and the helpful people on here Smiley Happy
Its great when you can get help when you need, thats a great thing about the internet. I too want to thank this forum and the helpful people on here Smiley Happy

9 of 17 (3,962 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2009 1:57:35 PM
(0)
Tutor
Ok can you tell me what did you download and what did it fix. And have you had any problem with what it fix. Thk you!
Ok can you tell me what did you download and what did it fix. And have you had any problem with what it fix. Thk you!

10 of 17 (3,491 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2009 6:07:54 PM
(0)
Professor

randyjackie wrote:

He followed the link provided in one of the posts in the thread. From there, there is a link to a .cab file that allows you to use larger files for ring tones and not as limited by Windows Mobile 6.1 for 400 or 600 kb

randyjackie wrote:

He followed the link provided in one of the posts in the thread. From there, there is a link to a .cab file that allows you to use larger files for ring tones and not as limited by Windows Mobile 6.1 for 400 or 600 kb

11 of 17 (1,824 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2009 9:06:50 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thank you! & I will check that out.
Thank you! & I will check that out.

12 of 17 (1,811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2009 5:47:16 PM
(0)
Tutor
Can you tell me how to install the NoRingtoneLimit.cab to my phone. This is new to me thk u.
Can you tell me how to install the NoRingtoneLimit.cab to my phone. This is new to me thk u.

13 of 17 (1,760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2009 9:19:51 AM
(0)
Guru
You need to transfer the .cab file to the phone using either active sync or windows mobile device center.  Once on your phone, find the file you just transferred and click on it.  That will install it.
You need to transfer the .cab file to the phone using either active sync or windows mobile device center.  Once on your phone, find the file you just transferred and click on it.  That will install it.

14 of 17 (1,740 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2009 11:33:33 AM
(0)
Expert

Another way is to install a windows program called CabviaActiveSync.  This adds an install menu when you right click on a cab file within your PC windows environment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

Another way is to install a windows program called CabviaActiveSync.  This adds an install menu when you right click on a cab file within your PC windows environment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

15 of 17 (1,729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2009 1:21:51 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thk u very much.
Thk u very much.

16 of 17 (1,717 Views)