Troubleshoot your device issues
richsnei's profile

Mentor

• 

10 Messages

Friday, June 5th, 2009 9:33 PM

Closed

Ringtones & the new ROM for Fuze

I installed the new ROM last night and for the most part I'm pretty happy. 

I do have one problem that I can't seem to solve though.  In the old version of the ROM I could use mp3s as ring tones.  Even though I put the ring tone I used before I reflashed the phone in the ringtones folder, the phone doesn't seem to recognize it. 

Could this be size issue?  The ringtone is 29 seconds long but 463Kb in size.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

15 years ago

Go here and download the provided link on the bottom, fixed it for me : http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=cingular&thread.id=103389

Mentor

• 

10 Messages

15 years ago

I found a solution but it still was easier in the old ROM.

I broke down and read the docs.  It turns out if you can use the file explorer to set a ring tone.  Use file explorer to find the ringtone.  Using the stylus, click and hold.  One of the items on the pop-up menu is 'set as ringtone'.

However, you still can't select that mp3 from the TF3D ringtone interface or the notifications interface.

So I'm still looking for suggestions.

Guru

• 

642 Messages

15 years ago

Experienced same problem - since I like to have individual ringtones for multiple contacts, found it easier to revert to shipped ROM.

With the exception of the new Radio, I have upgraded everything else (thanks to XDA) to conform with the specs of the new ROM.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

15 years ago

With the new rom, all you have to do is open the contact, then edit, then select the ringtone you want for the contact.

Mentor

• 

10 Messages

15 years ago

I tried dper1's suggestion.  Yes - his description describes the steps but my mp3s don't show up in that list either.

I'm still looking for a solution that allows me to use mp3s as ringtones.

Mentor

• 

10 Messages

15 years ago

That worked great.  Thanks.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

15 years ago

thanks for linking to noringtonelimit.cab 🙂 fixed my problem..... I knew I saw an answer when i looked thru here.... I love you guys!!!

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

15 years ago

Its great when you can get help when you need, thats a great thing about the internet. I too want to thank this forum and the helpful people on here 🙂

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

Ok can you tell me what did you download and what did it fix. And have you had any problem with what it fix. Thk you!

Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

15 years ago

@randyjackie wrote:
Ok can you tell me what did you download and what did it fix. And have you had any problem with what it fix. Thk you!

He followed the link provided in one of the posts in the thread. From there, there is a link to a .cab file that allows you to use larger files for ring tones and not as limited by Windows Mobile 6.1 for 400 or 600 kb
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.