Troubleshoot your device issues
BackusFliger's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Monday, January 5th, 2015 8:05 PM

Reporting SPAM Text Messages

I keep getting spam messages from number that show in my account i.e. 1C0DE1732873 and similar.  I attempt to report the spam to the 7726 and continually get an error message saying it's an invalid number.  I've tried entering as 1C0DE1732873 and 1732873 since I have no other information on the sender of these messages.

This is twice this week I've gotten this type of spam.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

DO NOT respond directly to a spam message. If you think you received a spam message, please forward the message, on your wireless phone, to mobilityabuse@att.com so we can start an investigation. You can also learn more about how to report unsolicited and unwanted messages and ads at Report spam text messages.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @BackusFliger 

I'm not sure if anything can be done to stop those messages before they reach your phone as they're not generated on another cell phone. What kind of phone do you have? You might be able to block them on your device.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

I have a ZTE Android phone.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

@BackusFliger 

Android phones are slightly different from manufacturer to manufacturer, but usually you can go to your message, find the message from an unwanted number, press and hold on it for couple of seconds and a menu should pop up, one of the options is "add to spam numbers list". That should block incoming messages from that number.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The link to "Report spam text messages" is broken, I got a 404 page.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

In Response To:

" Re: Reporting SPAM Text Messages

DO NOT respond directly to a spam message. If you think you received a spam message, please forward the message, on your wireless phone, to mobilityabuse@att.com so we can start an investigation. You can also learn more about how to report unsolicited and unwanted messages and ads at Report spam text messages."

The FIrst Link takes me to myAT&T and the Second Link is defective.  I received a SMS message today from what appeared to be a policy notice from Xfinity and the number I blocked was 1410100001.  When I realized that was the AT&T e-mail gateway(according to my online search at AT&T), I unblocked it...

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Will blocking 1410100001 stop all my SMS messages?  Should the code 1410100001 be blocked or not.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

I found the answers I needed at here

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.