Troubleshoot your device issues
xprea's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, September 22nd, 2008 8:14 PM

Closed

Re-activate camera feature on blackberry curve 8310

Does anyone know to reactivate the camera on a Blackberry Curve 8310?  The phone I received had the camera deactivated. 

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

16 years ago

If it was deactivated by policy, you should contact your company's BES admin. That would be the easiest way. Even reloading the OS doesn't remove a BES policy.

Message Edited by Max69 on 09-23-2008 10:37:52 AM

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

16 years ago

How do you know that the camera is deactivated? If it's just because you're not seeing the icon, hit the menu button on the main screen and choose "Show All". The icon may just be hidden.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

16 years ago

when i go to the camera option, it states it de-activated. 

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

16 years ago

Did you get the phone second hand, or from your employer? If the phone is on a BES, it can be deactivated by an IT policy.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

16 years ago

I purchased this phone from my employer (refurbish program).  What does BES mean?  Can i re-activate this myself?  Or do i need to give back to my company and get them to de-actiavate?

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

16 years ago

BES is BlackBerry Enterprise Server. If the phone was used on a company BES, they can deactivate just about any feature with a policy. The policy has to be removed by the BES admin.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

16 years ago

hmmm..so there is now way i can re-activate?  I tried a soft/hard rebot, but nothing. 

Thanks for all the reposnes.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

16 years ago

thanks!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.