Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Quickfire dials by itself!

Contributor

Quickfire dials by itself!

Yesterday when i was attempting to touch the dial pad screen to get my contacts, the phone began dialing many "7"s.  I'm not totally convinced yet that it isn't possessed seeing as though occasionally as it sits untouched on my desk, it lights up and goes to the navigation screen.

I don't mind ghosts but when the prohibit me from calling someone when I'm in a hurry...they're not welcome!

Message 1 of 4
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by mcscovern
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Quickfire dials by itself!

@mcscovern wrote:

...  I'm not totally convinced yet that it isn't possessed seeing as though occasionally as it sits untouched on my desk, it lights up and goes to the navigation screen....

Huh. Do you have it set to lock? If it's set to lock, then in principle you'd have to do the touch-touch thing to unlock it: Two specific interactions with the touch screen. However, you may also have noticed that you can unlock it by working the slider. So if there's an issue (e.g. a short) with the slider interlock switch, that could cause it to spontaneously unlock. 

Most peculiar. 

I often find that because of the shape fo the thing, I'm often putting it into speaker mode as I dig it out of the holster.  But that's a totally different thing, of course....

Message 2 of 4
Tutor

I doubt that your phone is possessed.  Now, if it starts to spontaneously dial sixes 666666666 then my advice is to put the phone down, turn, and run far far away!!!!!Smiley Very Happy But 7's?  Nah, that may be your phone telling you its time to take a trip to Vegas! Smiley Tongue
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

As much as I would greatly appreciate a trip to Vegas right now, this issue persists.  I'm convinced my Quickfire is a flaming pile of poo and have put my SIM back into my old phone until I can get the Quickfire back to a corporate store and/or buy something else.  I'm really disappointed.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support