For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
tobin517's profile

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

Wednesday, December 17th, 2008 9:08 PM

Closed

Questions regarding Garmin XT on Tilt

While I know this is not quite the right forum for this topic, I have found this forum very knowledgeable in the past so I will ask here.

First, is there a good forum for Garmin XT?  I have tried several different searches and all the sites were outdated.

Secondly, does anyone know how often Garmin XT connects to the internet to get traffic data?  I have noticed it seems to check often (or at least I see something access my internet) during rush hour and during bad weather? 

Lastly, does anyone know if it automatically reroutes around traffic after it has already calculated the route?  Meaning, if it finds traffic after the route has been calculated and you have it set to avoid traffic, will it avoid the traffic or do you have to manual go into traffic and press avoid?  (I have run butt deep into traffic when I can very well see the program found heavy traffic but did not divert me around)

Thanks in advance!

PS

Regardless of the above this is the best GPS nav software I have used todate.  Especially helpful is the option to use Google to look up address and the functionality to use the address in outlook contacts and calendar entries directly from the program or the phone.  Nice touches!

Accepted Solution

Guru

• 

495 Messages

15 years ago

GPSPassion has pretty forums for discussing these kinds of questions.  Not sure many people here know enough about Mobile XT to offer much (and I had Mobile XT on my Tilt).

I can't answer the first question...I'm not sure how frequently it updates traffic.  I don't believe it reroutes you based on traffic downloads, but then again I'm not entirely certain it doesn't.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

15 years ago

PERFECT website!  I just checked and there is an exact forum for PDA GPS software.  This is also a great site to learn about all the other types of GPS software out there before you buy. 

Thanks for the great tip!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.