Troubleshoot your device issues
mrossarr's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, June 21st, 2018 5:00 PM

Problem: ATT unlock code only partially unlocks Samsung SGH-A437

After following the ATT provided unlock instructions with unlock code, fone displays "Network Unlock Successful" or "Network Unlock Deactivated" - it happens fast. Yet inserting a known good, working, activated non-ATT SIM card does not enable receive signal, nor ability to call or send txt. The icon on display shows a fone handset with a red line through it. The new SIM card provider claims the fone must still be locked somehow, yet the new SIM card provider name is on display, and a welcome screen comes up. The new SIM card appears as a smart card in the menu with a PIN number, but it is not for this matter. Just no service - like there is no network. Other fones I have here find the network, all is well. This fone was working as an ATT contract before this matter started. This fone otherwise works normal, no apparent freeze up nor lockup. Just no network - like there is a lock in place. And using the status code displays "Not Yet Personaized" to appear on display. I read there are other lock codes that may be enabled. Does ATT lock inactive fones - after contract expires and ends with a PROVIDER LOCK? Is there a PROVIDER UNLOCK CODE available? Other locks may exist? M.Ross

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

The unlock portal is automated.  There is no response”your phones are 2G and no longer in our database”.  So you get, “IMEI is not an ATT phone.”

Have you seen blackberry phones?  First of all, they have been struggling for 4 years.  The Priv was almost the last BB, ever.  Horrible junk phone.  They have incorporated a large screen since the Z30 in 2013.  They are run off Android OS since the Priv in 2015.   The  B.B. phones use old processors.   

Nostalgia is not running the market.   Power, performance and function are, and basic phones just don’t have it.  Most of this nostalgic market is not in the USA.  What sells is the darn iPhone.  

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

And few can run Linux, ARM is not good, X86 needed. I want to chose what software I use. Ubuntu is on to it.

For the record android is linux based, and ubuntu canceled their mobile plans a couple of years ago. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.