Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Porting a landline number to existing ATT account

Highlighted
Tutor

Porting a landline number to existing ATT account

Hi,

I read a previous post about porting, and apparently I need to visit your page the allows me to see if the number is available to be ported. I did that, my number is apparently okay to port, but the only option I see is to take on a new account and or service. My need is to port my landline number to an existing ATT account, held by my wife and myself. How would I go about doing so?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Professor

Re: Porting a landline number to existing ATT account

You have to contact Sales to port in a number and make sure that number is still active. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by tedpend
‎04-25-2017 12:55 PM

You also have to have a device to port the number to.  I recommend you do this in an ATT store, phone in hand.  They can port the number and set up the SIM card in a cell phone.

You can use a previous phone if you have one, or look into options for purchasing an inexpensive phone from the Gophone rack.  Or unlocked phones from Best Buy.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
Tutor

Thanks guys. I know the number is still available, as it's my current landline.

Much appreciated!

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Thank you.  I am ready and would like to have a landline phone number, included with my current account.  I have a landline phone device.

What are the next steps to make this happen?

Denise Greenwald

Message 5 of 6
Scholar

for you to por tin, you need to have the ff details:

account number, pin/passcode, billing name and address.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support