For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
ourdiane's profile

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016 5:17 PM

Closed

Poor voice quality with AT&T wireless home phone system

Our new wireless home phone was ready to use for incoming calls yesterday. We get a goood signal strength - from 3 to 5. We hooked the unit into a house jack so we can use all our phones and it even shows up on the TV when a call comes in. 

My problem is when my friend (same town, same area code as ours) calls, she said my voice echoes and when I speak to her, I hear my own voice coming back at me. I looked at the signal strength and it had dropped to 3. 

So is a signal strength of 3 not strong enough for this system to work or is something else going on? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. 

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @ourdiane.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with your new Wireless Home Phone. We definitely want you to have a better experience, and would love the opportunity to look into these issues with you to get them resolved.

Have you noticed the echoing with all callers, or just one friend? Does the echoing happen on all of your handsets?
Please contact us via live chat so that we can look into your account and continue troubleshooting.

Thanks.
ManuelE AT&T Social Media Manager. 

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for your reply, Manuel.

I've been experimenting ----

To answer your question, it doesn't happen when I call out, it has only happened when others called me using a landline. And sometimes I can talk for a bit and then it starts happening after a few minutes go by. So I started experimenting and looking up reviews on my phones even though I never had this problem using any of my handsets before using a landline.

On my Uniden phone set there is one main base plus 4 cordless handsets (It happened with one of the cordless handsets), it mentions a bad echo unless you use the main unit. On my other VTech phone, a main base plus one handset, that had less echo complaints so I'm now trying this one for incoming calls. And I have the handset only 8 feet from the main base. The Uniden main base had been in another room and a good 15 feet away. 

For now I will keep experimenting (no one has called since I changed the phone arrangement) and keep you updated when I do get some calls. If there is an echo, I will try using the main base.

If nothing I try works, I will use the chat feature, thanks for that link!

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

8 years ago

This is for Manuel...

Someone just called from their landline and the echo was stlll there 30 percent of the time using the different handset and a different type of phone, the VTech, phone. So the problem persists. The signal was 4 and that should be enough for a clear connection.

So next I'll try a main base right next to me when I talk. 

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

8 years ago

I'm still having the echo and hearing my own voice. It is happening now with both incoming and outgoing calls and with using 3 different phone systems. 

1. Uniden 

2. Vtech

3. Direct land line plug in

So it's happening with lots of people now - I wanted to update here before contacting the chat link. 

The signal strength when this happened was excellent - 5 bars - so I don't know what is wrong. 

Thanks, Martha

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I got new cordless phones for Christmas. DL 77210. The feedback and echo is really bad to the people I am speaking to. Not on my end. Sometimes so bad I have to hang up and use cell phone.Any ideas or suggestions?

Former Moderator

• 

697 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @Jogojingle13

Thank you for sharing your concern.

As per AT&T Community Guidelines, we will have to close this thread, as it is 4 years old. We would request you to post it as a new conversation.

Have a great day!

Regards, 
AT&T Moderator

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.