For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
rcalderaro1's profile

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Monday, April 29th, 2013 5:41 PM

Phones For Senior Citizens

I need to get a cellphone for my Dad but can't find anything like he wants.  He just wants a basic cellphone with large buttons and a large display.  Can I get something like this from AT&T?  I'm going to add another line on my account to make the cost more manageable.

Thanks!

Scholar

• 

149 Messages

10 years ago

actually i just saw one in my local store there awesome . and 9.99 and $4.99 great price i think he will love the one i saw it has a big screen fir a flip phone and big buttons .plus mobile web .alcatel i think it is called .

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

As a follow-up/update, can the Doro phones from Consumer Cellular be used with an AT&T SIM card?  We need a large button phone for our grandparents and AT&T does not have a good option anymore.  We would like to stay with the ATT network but need to know what phones are compatible.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

what isit i need one

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

8 years ago

Consumer Cellular uses the AT&T network. A Doro phone w/an AT&T SIM should work for AT&T.  But I would suggest an easier/cheaper option...just switch him to Consumer Cellullar...much better customer service and probably cheaper depending on his usage patterns.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

The DuraXE is impossible to find on the website, but it is a big button, backlit keys, rugged, easy to use and good for hearing aides.

https://www.att.com/cellphones/kyocera/duraxe.html#sku=sku7800343

image.png

compare with d'oro

image.jpeg

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My 82 year old boss is legally blind and was taught at Apple Store (by appointment) how to use his iPhone 5s  accesibility features. It is amazing how he can get email, texts, everything and he has no vision at all.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.