Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 18, 2012
7:05:49 PM
Pantech P7040 contact message tones.

How do I setup my phone for my phone to play the ringtones when I get a text?I have contacts with different ringtones and each play when the person calls but, when I get a text message from anyone it just plays the default text tone for all of them. None of the ringtones I have set play when I get a text for anyone I have it setup for.

How do I setup my phone for my phone to play the ringtones when I get a text?I have contacts with different ringtones and each play when the person calls but, when I get a text message from anyone it just plays the default text tone for all of them. None of the ringtones I have set play when I get a text for anyone I have it setup for.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 19, 2012 4:36:00 PM
(0)
Scholar

You can't set an individual ringtone for when a person text messages you.  I know that it is possible for when you receive a call from someone, but the tone that plays when you get a text is the same for everyone.  You can change the tone by going into the settings and changing the ringtone via the ringer profile.

Accepted Solution

Pantech P7040 contact message tones.

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 19, 2012 4:36:00 PM
(0)
Scholar

You can't set an individual ringtone for when a person text messages you.  I know that it is possible for when you receive a call from someone, but the tone that plays when you get a text is the same for everyone.  You can change the tone by going into the settings and changing the ringtone via the ringer profile.

Re: Pantech P7040 contact message tones.

2 of 3 (1,386 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2012 8:03:20 PM
(0)
Teacher

That sucks, I figured that. Thanks Smiley Very Happy

That sucks, I figured that. Thanks Smiley Very Happy

Re: Pantech P7040 contact message tones.

3 of 3 (1,375 Views)