11-27-2011 5:59 PM - edited 11-27-2011 6:07 PM
Got the Pantech 7040. Nice little phone to do all the basic functions. ATT said I would be able to link it to my computer. Downloaded the PCsuite software, hooked up my usb cable. Looked like ti would install the driver and gave me an error on install. Can't get it to install properly for the life of me. When I check under device manager for Pantech HUSB Driver it shows an error code of 37. Tried bluetooth connection. Got bluetooth dun to work, but PC suite software doesn't pick up the phone at all or show if it's connected. Anyone get pc suite to work on windows 7 with pantech 7040(link)? How did you do it. I just want it to be able to sync it with Microsoft outlook, and this phone would do everything I need it to.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-22-2011 8:11 AM
Have you been able to find the correct driver? I'm having the same problem and can't seem to find answers anywhere. Hoping you have found a solution.
12-27-2011 2:57 PM
Unfortunately that trick might work on something other than 64 bit, but for windows 7 64 bit it's a no go if installing in compatibility mode.
12-28-2011 7:13 PM
Hmmm... I use windows 7 64 bit and installed the driver in compatability mode and it works fine. I also ran the install as administrator, don't know if that had anythng to do with it. Sorry it didn't work for you.
12-29-2011 7:40 PM - edited 12-29-2011 7:41 PM
Ok sorry about that. I get it to connect via music player or the mass storage, but for the life of me I can't get the pantech pc suite to pick it up so I can sync with outlook. Were you able to do this? It keeps showing not connected in the lower right corner of the pc suite. If you did could you please share some of the steps you followed to get it to work?
01-23-2012 10:51 AM
Got it to work fully in windows 7 thanks to a recommendation from hillbilly_tiger in Howard forums
This is the procedure which I followed:
Thanks for the info worked like a charm exact procedure below for those with windows 7 64 bit & Pantech Link 7040:
1. Download Link II & Regular Link software from Pantech site.
2. Install Link II software first as administrator. After full install plug in your phone using a USB cable. All drivers will now install for the phone. Unplug the phone after the software installs.
3. Uninstall Link II PC suite software. This will not work with the Link 7040, and restart the computer.
4. Install the Link 7040 software as administrator, and connect your phone and the software will now say it is connected and will work.
Thanks to hillbilly for the info.
I have only used this with a USB cable connection and have not tried connecting via bluetooth. If someone does try it via bluetooth please update this post. Thanks.
03-15-2012 5:52 PM
OK, it WORKS! Although I decided to uninstall the Suite software and just use Windows Explorer to move my files around. Rquires a bit of heavy lifting but this process does install 64 bit drivers for the P7040P. Thanks again for sharing this.
11-24-2012 10:31 PM
Tried this technique, got the drivers installed but still had problems seeing external SDcard. uninstalled the PCsuite as well and Can't find the Card using explorer. Any Ideas?
01-06-2013 9:48 PM - last edited on 01-06-2013 9:51 PM by Phil-101
I have no luck connecting to pc suit... I wrote to pantech support , even this did not work for me..
and here is their suggestion:
Thank you for contacting Pantech Technical Support.
Your Case Number for this issue is: # ***
If you are running Windows Vista/7 then it is possible the drivers did not install during the installation of PC Suite.
Please follow the instructions below to manually install the drivers: (Unplug your phone from the computer before following the steps below)
1. Open My Computer and navigate to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Pantech\Pantech PC Suite\[MODEL]\USBDriver” 2. You will find a single file within this folder, please run it by double-clicking on it 3. Select Next/Install/Finish all the way through the process, there are no options to change 4. After the driver finishes to install, plug in your phone and allow the drivers to finish installing the device 5. After the installation process finishes, please open up PC Suite and check if you are now connected
If you are still not connected:
1. In PC Suite, go to File > Connections 2. Ensure it is set to USB, then click Connect, then Ok. 3. Check whether you are now connected
If you are still not connected: (Unplug your phone from the computer before following the steps below)
1. Go to Menu > Settings > Phone Mode, and click Advanced Mode 2. Go to Menu > Settings > Connectivity > USB Mode, and select Ask On Connection 3. Plug your phone in, when it prompts you on the screen of the phone to select what you would like to do, please cancel by hitting the back button 4. Open PC Suite and check if you are now connected
If you are still not connected:
1. Right-click the Pantech PC Suite(P7040) shortcut that is on your desktop and select Properties 2. Click on the Compatibility tab, then check “Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select “Windows XP (Service Pack 3)” 3. Click Apply, then Ok 4. Launch PC Suite using the shortcut and check whether you are connected
If you are still having issue with connectivity after the above steps, please contact us directly at 1-800-962-8622 so we can work 1-on-1 with you to resolve this issue. Please make sure you are not calling from the phone in question, and make sure that you have access to your computer.
If you need to reply to this message, please click 'reply' to include all previous correspondence. This allows us to track your issue more efficiently and to resolve your issue more quickly. We hope your experience with us has provided you with an acceptable resolution to your issue.
Thank you for choosing the Pantech Wireless Online Support Team.
Hours of Operation --------------------------------------------------
Let me know if this was any help to anyone ?
[Edited to comply with Guidelines]
02-10-2014 5:06 PM
I am runnng windows 7 and I followed the instrucion given by jonusa for my pantech laser p9050. It worked fine just after running the first program. I did not even have to run pc suite in compatiblity mode. Just remember with the new PC Suite you have to run PTQH_V1 that is located in
program Files(x86)\Pantech pc suit\p9050\usbdriver
01-03-2015 7:30 PM - edited 01-03-2015 7:33 PM
I followed these directions on two win7 pc with 32 and 64bit
First installed link2 and then plugged in p7040 to install drivers: worked. Then I uninstalled link2 rebooted and installed link software. I ran the link software in compatibility mode and regular
The weird thing is the connection shows the p7040 connected usb on the bottom but the main link pages say unconnected. Very odd.
The p7040 driver shows up fine in both win7 pc 32/64 both I can not mount the phone or sdcard to browse it.
This is very odd. Obviously the driver does not work correctly.
If anyone knows how to get it working let me know; thanks
© 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!