For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
victor122982's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 19th, 2008 6:51 AM

Closed

Palm Centro, not getting any service!

Hello to all.
First of all, my first Palm phone just got it today and already unfortunately thinking about switching back to Blackberry.
Got the phone, charged the battery, texted and called some people for a bit to test it of course, worked like a charm! Then I synced it with my PC (XP) everything was fine, no problems there. After awhile I get a phone call, i answered it talked for about 5 mins and all of sudden lost contact and the phone it seemed as it froze. Couldnt hang up but it was showing still as I was talking to the person even the call timer was still counting. Then I was trying to hit different buttons but no respond. I was holding the power/end button and eventually reboot it. When it came back on, at the left upper corner says Phone Off and red light indicator is constantly on as if is I was charging the phone but the charger wasnt plugged. Then I hit the power/end button to swtich it on, then AT&T screen pops out and says Hello but still says Phone Off and the red left corner light is always on. Called the service dept. they couldnt figure it out they were telling me is because of an outage but my brother that lives here same area has an AT&T and his phone was just fine. Did a soft reset like 10 times, no luck. Then did a hard reset, same thing. Im out of ideas. Is it something that can be fixed or the phone is gone and should probabaly send it back and get a new one?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

15 years ago

I would definately call customer care right away. It's better to find issues with the phone now than later when you will need to use the manufacterers warranty.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks for your respond. I took the phone to an at&t office and told me te phone was broken so they exchanged it. Thanks alot again.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.