Troubleshoot your device issues
Smurfette27's profile

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

Saturday, October 4th, 2008 7:28 AM

Closed

Palm Centro from sprint and texting characters

My question is. Is there a software program that will make the phone user able to text more characters? It only has 160 characters and then you need to start a new text. maybe there is a program that would allow a person to text as many characters as needed.

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

15 years ago

@kissyroo wrote:
My question is. Is there a software program that will make the phone user able to text more characters? It only has 160 characters and then you need to start a new text. maybe there is a program that would allow a person to text as many characters as needed.

SMS has a limit of 160 characters. MMS and email do not have a limit.

Well, I think MMS has a limit of 300k, but that's a lot of characters.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

15 years ago

that is a great idea to use mms.. 
with sprint it wont let you continue to text and automatically group the text for you
You have to stop when you reach the max characters. and send the message before you continue.
Unlike att that lets you rattle on forever. and then you can press send and it divides them.

Scholar

• 

128 Messages

15 years ago

You can just keep typing your message, and it will divide it by itself. It actually tells you 1 message, 2 messages, etc.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

15 years ago

Sprint won"t divide their texts like that. Also, they charge for call forwarding.. which is so not cool. But that 100 dollar unlimited plan is nice
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.