PANTECH IMPACT SHUT OFF BY ITSELF?

Professor

PANTECH IMPACT SHUT OFF BY ITSELF?

[ Edited ]

I purchased a Pantech Impact two months ago and it has been working fine until tonight.  I was looking at my contacts on the external display when the phone suddenly froze.  I flipped open the phone to check if the device was still on and it wasn't.  The phone then rebooted by itself.  Has anyone had any issues with their Impact phones doing this?

Message 1 of 5 (4,779 Views)
Professor

Re: PANTECH IMPACT SHUT OFF BY ITSELF?

Would this phone have to be sent in to warranty if it continues to display this type of problem?

Message 2 of 5 (4,676 Views)
Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author ckuczek
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

If it's only a one time deal, ehh, I would't be too worried about it.

However, if it does continue to shut off, send it in (probably to warranty) for a replacement model.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 5 (4,668 Views)
Contributor

It is happening to me very often and ATT and Pantech technical support don't reconized this problem. 

Also, got this phone a couple of months ago. As a texting device it works very well for me. Online is quite adequate too. But the phone aspect is garbage. the keypad goes dark and when you press the hold button to get it to light back up, I swear the button assignments are different than when you made the call. The key pad is way too sensitive, ears and cheeks activate the keypad while making talking.

overall, the phone aspect is my primary need. texting and internet are secondary. So primarily I am quite disappointed in this phone and won't recomend this phone to any one.

Message 4 of 5 (4,475 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

[ Edited ]

Yes.  My phone has only frozen and rebooted by itself once so far.  If it does it again, then the phone will either be sent in to warranty, or I will get another phone.  

Message 5 of 5 (4,438 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.