Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 1, 2010
5:33:48 PM
View profile
PANTECH IMPACT SHUT OFF BY ITSELF?
Edited by ckuczek on Oct 1, 2010 at 6:27:11 PM

I purchased a Pantech Impact two months ago and it has been working fine until tonight.  I was looking at my contacts on the external display when the phone suddenly froze.  I flipped open the phone to check if the device was still on and it wasn't.  The phone then rebooted by itself.  Has anyone had any issues with their Impact phones doing this?

I purchased a Pantech Impact two months ago and it has been working fine until tonight.  I was looking at my contacts on the external display when the phone suddenly froze.  I flipped open the phone to check if the device was still on and it wasn't.  The phone then rebooted by itself.  Has anyone had any issues with their Impact phones doing this?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 7, 2010 4:40:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

If it's only a one time deal, ehh, I would't be too worried about it.

However, if it does continue to shut off, send it in (probably to warranty) for a replacement model.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

PANTECH IMPACT SHUT OFF BY ITSELF?

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2010 3:16:52 PM
(0)
Professor

Would this phone have to be sent in to warranty if it continues to display this type of problem?

Would this phone have to be sent in to warranty if it continues to display this type of problem?

Re: PANTECH IMPACT SHUT OFF BY ITSELF?

2 of 5 (4,583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 7, 2010 4:40:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

However, if it does continue to shut off, send it in (probably to warranty) for a replacement model.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (4,575 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2010 7:34:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

It is happening to me very often and ATT and Pantech technical support don't reconized this problem. 

Also, got this phone a couple of months ago. As a texting device it works very well for me. Online is quite adequate too. But the phone aspect is garbage. the keypad goes dark and when you press the hold button to get it to light back up, I swear the button assignments are different than when you made the call. The key pad is way too sensitive, ears and cheeks activate the keypad while making talking.

overall, the phone aspect is my primary need. texting and internet are secondary. So primarily I am quite disappointed in this phone and won't recomend this phone to any one.

It is happening to me very often and ATT and Pantech technical support don't reconized this problem. 

Also, got this phone a couple of months ago. As a texting device it works very well for me. Online is quite adequate too. But the phone aspect is garbage. the keypad goes dark and when you press the hold button to get it to light back up, I swear the button assignments are different than when you made the call. The key pad is way too sensitive, ears and cheeks activate the keypad while making talking.

overall, the phone aspect is my primary need. texting and internet are secondary. So primarily I am quite disappointed in this phone and won't recomend this phone to any one.

4 of 5 (4,382 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2010 9:00:27 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ckuczek on Oct 19, 2010 at 9:01:32 PM

Yes.  My phone has only frozen and rebooted by itself once so far.  If it does it again, then the phone will either be sent in to warranty, or I will get another phone.  

Yes.  My phone has only frozen and rebooted by itself once so far.  If it does it again, then the phone will either be sent in to warranty, or I will get another phone.  

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (4,345 Views)