Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 3, 2010
3:45:37 PM
View profile
PANTECH IMPACT CONTINUES TO CHARGE?

My Pantech Impact is only two months old and this morning, I plugged it in to charge the battery.  It has now been charging for most of the day, which I know is not normal.  Is this a possible battery issue or could there be something wrong with the phone? 

My Pantech Impact is only two months old and this morning, I plugged it in to charge the battery.  It has now been charging for most of the day, which I know is not normal.  Is this a possible battery issue or could there be something wrong with the phone? 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 4, 2010 12:29:23 AM
(0)
Guru

Yes, it could be either the battery or the phone.  It could also be the charger, and that would be my first guess.  If you have another correct (not generic or aftermarket, as those can void your warranty) charger, or if you have another phone that matches the charger you have, you might want to try them.  If you have another phone that uses the same battery, try swapping batteries.

If you don't have spare parts (I wouldn't), a store might be able to test them.  If there's a device support center near you, it would be much more likely than a store to have the needed parts, and it would exchange whatever is causing the problem (phone, charger, or battery), as long as it's under warranty.

If you're not by a device support center and the store can't exchange the defective item (they can't exchange the phone, and they usually don't have batteries or chargers they can exchange), call warranty at 1-800-801-1101.  If the phone's under warranty, don't buy a battery or charger without talking to them first.

Accepted Solution

PANTECH IMPACT CONTINUES TO CHARGE?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 4, 2010 12:29:23 AM
(0)
Guru

Yes, it could be either the battery or the phone.  It could also be the charger, and that would be my first guess.  If you have another correct (not generic or aftermarket, as those can void your warranty) charger, or if you have another phone that matches the charger you have, you might want to try them.  If you have another phone that uses the same battery, try swapping batteries.

If you don't have spare parts (I wouldn't), a store might be able to test them.  If there's a device support center near you, it would be much more likely than a store to have the needed parts, and it would exchange whatever is causing the problem (phone, charger, or battery), as long as it's under warranty.

If you're not by a device support center and the store can't exchange the defective item (they can't exchange the phone, and they usually don't have batteries or chargers they can exchange), call warranty at 1-800-801-1101.  If the phone's under warranty, don't buy a battery or charger without talking to them first.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Re: PANTECH IMPACT CONTINUES TO CHARGE?

2 of 3 (1,202 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 6:29:45 PM
(0)
Professor

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll try those.  I took out the battery twice with the device on and that seems to have helped the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll try those.  I took out the battery twice with the device on and that seems to have helped the problem.

Re: PANTECH IMPACT CONTINUES TO CHARGE?

3 of 3 (1,184 Views)