For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Siscobob's profile

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

Friday, April 28th, 2017 1:58 PM

Nougat update for the HTC M9, missing in action!!

T-mobile has released OTA nougat update for the HTC M9. But no word from AT&T. Should we switch to T-mobile?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Siscobob wrote:
T-mobile has released OTA nougat update for the HTC M9. But no word from AT&T. Should we switch to T-mobile?

@Siscobob

even if you switch to tmobile its not like your phones going to get there update...  ATT is pretty much done with HTC.  They are no longer selling any HTC devices.  I will say your device will get nougat it will be a longer wait since they sold more samsung devices.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks, I will switch to T-mobile. I've requested that AT&T unlock my M9, will be an easy switch and T-mobile will update my M9 to Nougat once I'm on their network.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Actually no TMobile can update your device. Its att branded and has att software on it.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

7 years ago

Once unlocked it becomes an unlocked phone, no longer AT&T.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

7 years ago

From now on I will only get unlocked phones like a Oneplus, never again will I get any AT&T-locked device. They have been terrible updating the phones they have sold. The worst!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Actually it becomes unlocked to use on another carrier the att software is still going to be there period and TMobile can't update it. The ROM on the phone is still a att ROM.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

7 years ago

May be true, thanks.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.