Troubleshoot your device issues
DogDaddy's profile

Scholar

• 

186 Messages

Monday, August 22nd, 2011 5:50 PM

Non-smart phone for web browsing

I still have the "old" LG Neon and am happy with it. However, I'm finding that when browsing the web I cannot open most web pages. A message displays saying "Content Too large". One solution would be for me to upgrade to a smart phone. But I'm not sure I would need all the apps and other features of a smartphone. I mostly browse the web, go on facebook, and use email. I like having a Qwerty keyboard.

So my question is, would a non-smartphone with 3G capability be good for me? The old Neon is not 3G, and that might be the problem. Do you think something like the Samsung Flight II would be a good choice for me? I did look at the "new" Neon II in the store but I don't like that roller-ball thing.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@DogDaddy wrote:

I still have the "old" LG Neon and am happy with it. However, I'm finding that when browsing the web I cannot open most web pages. A message displays saying "Content Too large". One solution would be for me to upgrade to a smart phone. But I'm not sure I would need all the apps and other features of a smartphone. I mostly browse the web, go on facebook, and use email. I like having a Qwerty keyboard.

So my question is, would a non-smartphone with 3G capability be good for me? The old Neon is not 3G, and that might be the problem. Do you think something like the Samsung Flight II would be a good choice for me? I did look at the "new" Neon II in the store but I don't like that roller-ball thing.

3G is definitely an advantage over EDGE and would most likely improve your web browsing experience. It's much faster and more reliable. When it comes to call quality though, I have found EDGE to be a bit better. Less garbled words and a stronger connection.

I think a 3G-capable phone such as the Flight II would be good for you. Either that or an LG Vu Plus - both good phones. The Flight II even has a built-in Facebook app that can easily be accessed from the home screen using the widget bar. Facebook at your fingertips. 😉

Speaking of the LG Neon, I will admit, I miss mine a little bit. I certainly had a strong dislike for the color, though - lime green and white? No, thanks! 😄

Scholar

• 

186 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you, Wild Banchi. I don't use the phone sites such as Youtube that might need a lot of memory. I only use it for sites like Wikipedia, and forums like this one. And Yahoo Answers.

My Neon is black, with a silver-colored keyboard. I don't think I would like the lime green or orange ones either.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

You're welcome. 🙂

Good luck with your new phone!

Scholar

• 

186 Messages

13 years ago

Wild Banchi, I absolutely LOVE my new Flight II! Thank you again for your advice.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

Awesome! You're welcome! Glad to hear that you like it! 😄

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.