For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
rscllc's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010 1:54 AM

Nokia X3 Configure problem

I bought an Unlocked Nokia X3 on Amazon that I just love and the phone works great with my sim card. But in order to use any of the internet features I need to have it configured to ATT. According to Nokia I need a text from ATT that will configure it. It can not be configued manually I am told. Att tells me they no longer send out that text and will not configure a phone that is not an ATT phone. I have been here 3 years and alway have paid my bill so I can not understand this attitude of ATT. I have called 5 times trying to get this done. Has anyone else heard of anything this ridiculus?

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I got my X3 working with AT&T Prepaid plan (which is really expensive).  I'm not 100% sure of all these steps are necessary due to tinkering around, but at least I'm online.

Settings -> Connectivity -> Packet data -> Packet data settings -> Packet data acc. pt. 

Set this to: wap.cingular

Settings -> Configuration -> Personal config. sett. -> Add new -> Access point -> Access point settings -> Bearer settings 

Packet data acc. pt. -> wap.cingular

If that doesn't work, I tinkered with the settings from this site: http://www.howardforums.com/printthread.php?t=1630604

HTH,

-will

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

Within the X3's settings menu, is there an option to add the settings for additional data connection points?  If so, someone here may be able to provide the data connection settings so that you can manually input them.  Or if the X3 has a settings wizard, try running it - it should obtain the appropriate settings based on the SIM that is installed in the phone. 

If Nokia has changed things so that the necessary settings cannot be manually entered, this is the first I've heard of it, so look around in your phone menus for settings well - and you may need to hit "options" or something similar for the opportunity to add a new data connection point, etc.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

CL,

I appreciate your imput. I was going to return the phone but because the sound is so crystal clear I have decided to keep it. I have purchased a go phone that I can use to check my E-mail and even though I know very little about configureing a phone I will keep trying to learn how to get it done.

SR.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

@rscllc wrote:

CL,

I appreciate your imput. I was going to return the phone but because the sound is so crystal clear I have decided to keep it. I have purchased a go phone that I can use to check my E-mail and even though I know very little about configureing a phone I will keep trying to learn how to get it done.

SR.

Let us know if you decide you want to try to manually configure the settings and if you locate the spot to add a new access point.  On my Nokia E70-2 (non-branded) it is within "tools/settings/connection/access points" and then you hit "options" to get to the menu option to create a "new access point".  The menu structure on the X3 may be somewhat different, but that should at least give you an idea of where to look.  And if the X3 has a settings wizard, it is within the "tools" menu on my E70.

Hope that helps. 🙂

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

I really apreciate everyone`s imput on this problem but after being a Howards. I have learned that for some strange reason Nokia has made 2 totally different X3 phones. The one I have is the X3 Slider. The other ones offical name is X3-00, so that is apparently another issue causing confusion.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

Whoops, The X3 Slider is the X3-00 model, and the other X3 is the X3-02 Touch and Type phone and is sold in Europe. Apparently the X3-00 {slider} from Europe is different to configue than the X3-00, {slider} US version.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

@rscllc wrote:

Whoops, The X3 Slider is the X3-00 model, and the other X3 is the X3-02 Touch and Type phone and is sold in Europe. Apparently the X3-00 {slider} from Europe is different to configue than the X3-00, {slider} US version.

Yes, I hate the things Nokia is doing with their naming schematic these days.  LOL.  I noticed the same thing with the C3 - there are multiple versions of it as well.  Like the X3, one has a physical keyboard, the other does not.  WiFi was also a variation (IIRC) as were the 3G frequencies on board.  😞  It makes it very difficult to discuss these models.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

It turns out the X3-00 is extremely easy to configure to AT&T internet. The people at at Nokia will tell you where to put the info but will not admit they know any of it. It can be found at the Howards link on the solutions page. Remember the Proxy port is 8080 for the US version.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Thank you so much for your post!!!Smiley Happy  My internet finaly works, but i just realized my mms dosent lol...  But thank you for ur help!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.