Last week my Surge 6790 suddenly stopped working. I had fully charged it less thsn 24 hours before, and had no problems with the phone all day. I didn't spill any liquid on it, didn't drop it, etc. It worked, and then suddenly - nothing. So I charged the battery again, still resulted in no power at all. I figured the battery (original that came with the phone, about 2 years old) was dead. I ordered a new battery, replaced it tonight and am getting a very strange reaction from the phone. The menu lights are not on, and there is no data appearing on the screen, but the screen is blinking. I've had it charging for about 3 hours now and there's nothing happening except for the screen blinking. When I try to turn it off or on, I can hear the small sound the Surge normally makes it first 'pops' on, but that's all it does.
Before this, I've had no problems with the phone and have been happy with it. So, any ideas? There's a new battery, so I guess this means my phone just crapped out on me? Cut my losses and get a new phone?
It sounds like it could be done completely to me. The only other option I could suggest is to take both the battery and SIM card out of the phone and leave them both idle for, maybe, about 5-10 hours, if that sounds all right to you. If the issues persist, I have no idea what else can be done to preserve the phone.
You could try returning the battery if you'd like, also. But that could depend on if the distributor you ordered it from accepts returned merchandise.
It sounds like you may have to get a new phone. I hope it's been a good two years.
I had removed the sim card and battery, but not for more than 30 minutes or so. I'll give it a try for the heck of it, but I guess it's just time for me to let go of my 'old fashioned' phone, lol. Ah well, I got a good 2 years out of it, so can't complain.