Nokia 6650 rings twice - then goes to voicemail...

Contributor

Nokia 6650 rings twice - then goes to voicemail...

When I receive calls on my 6650, the phone rings for a very short time, then reports a missed call. To the caller, it only rings twice. This is very frustrating, in that I usually carry the phone in my pants pocket and by the time I can get the phone out, I've missed the call.

Is this a phone issue or a network issue? I can not find anything on the phone that would allow me to change number of rings. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Nokia 6650 rings twice - then goes to voicemail...

ETX-AG wrote:

When I receive calls on my 6650, the phone rings for a very short time, then reports a missed call. To the caller, it only rings twice. This is very frustrating, in that I usually carry the phone in my pants pocket and by the time I can get the phone out, I've missed the call.

Is this a phone issue or a network issue? I can not find anything on the phone that would allow me to change number of rings. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1. On your phone, dial *#61# and click Send.
  2. Some information should be displayed: number that the calls are being forwarded to and the delay before the forwarding engages (note: on some phones, like Sony Ericsson the delay is not reported).
  3. Write down the number (including +1)
  4. Dial **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# and hit Send. +1xxxyyyzzzz is the number you wrote down previously, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is maximum
  5. Dial *#61# to verify that the new settings are active (note: if your phone doesn't display the delay, you will have to place a test call to it instead from a different phone).
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thanks, that worked like a charm.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

ETX-AG wrote:
Thanks, that worked like a charm.

Great, glad to help!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support