Nokia 6555 problems

Contributor

Re: Nokia 6555 problems

After, I got my Nokia 6555. I was looking around in the forums and started reading what everyone was saying about this phone.  I will say I did not like what I was reading.  It had me worried.  But since I have had my phone I have been very happy with it.

So I want to put my two cents in on this phone.  I will admit when I first got it, I used it like crazy playing around with all the features and stuff.  For the first 4 days, I had to charge it every two nights.  But now, I charge it every 4 and a half to 5 days.  I did turn off the constant running of the 3G/Internet.  It only turns on when I want to actually access it.  I am not big on being on the phone all the time so yes I haven't talked much on it.  I do text message and access the weather channel everyday.  I turn my phone off each night and turn it back on in the morning.

My opinion, people like me who hardly ever uses a phone or when you do your conversations are 5 minutes or less.  The battery life span is not a problem.  If you are a big phone person and must be on it all the time, using the web none stop, and using it as a MP3 player; then yes you will have to charge your phone every two nights if not every night.  And I don't use the mp3 feature because I have an iPod.  So another reason my battery last a while.

So there it is.  That is my input on it.  I am happy customer with my phone.
Message 16 of 102 (15,166 Views)
Contributor

3G/Internet how did you turn it off

Message 17 of 102 (15,112 Views)
Contributor

Settings - Connectivity - Packet Data - Packet Data Conn. - When Needed.

This keeps it from running all the time.  It will only turn on when you access the 3G/Internet/CV
Message 18 of 102 (15,113 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]
This does turn off GPRS access so that the phone only accesses the GPRS network when needed (indeed a battery saving measure).  However, GPRS ( "General Packet Radio Service" ) is not 3G.  Unfortunately, the ability to turn off 3G access is typically one of the things that is eliminated with at&t's firmware.

Message Edited by hme83 on 01-29-2008 01:12:17 PM
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 19 of 102 (15,046 Views)
Tutor

my nokia 6555 i just recieved mine in december after christmas and my phone just wasnt getting my phone calls but i could make them so i took it to the corporate store and they gave me a new sim card and now my keypad won't unlock and i can't get to anything on my phone i can't make a phone call and im really tired of cingular sending me these stupid replacement phones.
Message 20 of 102 (14,843 Views)
Master

Is it asking for a code when you try to use your keypad?  If so and you've never changed the security code, try 12345 - that is the typical Nokia factory default.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 21 of 102 (12,993 Views)
Tutor

it doesnt ask, i cant get passed the thing where it ask me to press the unlock key and then the * key...when i press the unlock key i cant press the * key because the keypad is still locked
Message 22 of 102 (12,993 Views)
Master

You have to press them in pretty rapid succession.  You are probably allowing too much time after pressing "unlock" before you press "*" - try doing it very quickly.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

Message 23 of 102 (12,989 Views)
Tutor

no i cant press any button it won't allow me before it would tell me after i pressed the unlock button to press the * key but its not doing that the only way i can get to the thing where it says "press the unlock key then press enter" is if i press the camera button...and its the only button that actually responds to me touching it other than the red "END" key
Message 24 of 102 (12,990 Views)
Master

In that case, I would try taking the battery out (with the phone powered on) - leave it out for a little while, then reassemble the phone, power it back up and see if that solves the problem.  A factory reset could help as well, but you won't be able to do one if you can't use the phone's keypad.

Other than that - I would see about an exchange.  Since you are beyond the initial 30 day return period, you can contact at&t's warranty department at 1-800-801-1101.  Another option would be to contact Nokia directly if you don't want a refurb in exchange.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

Message 25 of 102 (12,982 Views)
Tutor

how long should i leave the battery out for and what number would I contact Nokia at? and I think the girl at the Cingular Corporate store tried that and thats ow my phone got like this anyway...so I dont think the factory reset will work. and the people from CIngular told the girl that they couldnt give me a replacement phone and they were the ones who messed my phone up...and I'm away at school with out a phone this is really ridiculous this my only way of communication with my parents.
Message 26 of 102 (12,945 Views)
Master

You wouldn't need to leave the battery out for a long while - 15 minutes ought to do it.  It's similar to rebooting your computer. Smiley Happy

Here is the web page link for Nokia warranty service if you'd prefer to go that route.  Nokia Warranty
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

Message 27 of 102 (12,953 Views)
Contributor

i have the exact same problem as you, except i am on my 3rd replacement of my 6555 currently. so i am verry mad at this.Smiley Mad
Message 28 of 102 (12,818 Views)
Contributor

the 6555 stinks, im on my third replacement with a new battery every time.... i need help
Message 29 of 102 (12,817 Views)
Tutor

I got my first 6555 in October. Within 2 weeks I got a replacement phone. I just received another replacement 6555 last week and it seems more stable, but the battery life is still poor and unacceptable. Has anyone been able to get another phone beside the 6555 as a replacement? I am getting tired of getting more 6555 replacement phones.
Message 30 of 102 (12,780 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.