For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
erikthegreat's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 15th, 2007 4:06 AM

Closed

Nokia 6555 problems

I have a Nokia 6555 and it periodically shuts off on me and takes forevor to return also when i plug it into the charger it will repeatedly stop and start charging and it never fully charges and won't hold it's charge a lot.  If somebody could let me know how to fix it or how to get it fixed i'd appreciate it thanks.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

16 years ago

Is it asking for a code when you try to use your keypad?  If so and you've never changed the security code, try 12345 - that is the typical Nokia factory default.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

it doesnt ask, i cant get passed the thing where it ask me to press the unlock key and then the * key...when i press the unlock key i cant press the * key because the keypad is still locked

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

16 years ago

You have to press them in pretty rapid succession.  You are probably allowing too much time after pressing "unlock" before you press "*" - try doing it very quickly.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

no i cant press any button it won't allow me before it would tell me after i pressed the unlock button to press the * key but its not doing that the only way i can get to the thing where it says "press the unlock key then press enter" is if i press the camera button...and its the only button that actually responds to me touching it other than the red "END" key

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

16 years ago

In that case, I would try taking the battery out (with the phone powered on) - leave it out for a little while, then reassemble the phone, power it back up and see if that solves the problem.  A factory reset could help as well, but you won't be able to do one if you can't use the phone's keypad.

Other than that - I would see about an exchange.  Since you are beyond the initial 30 day return period, you can contact at&t's warranty department at 1-800-801-1101.  Another option would be to contact Nokia directly if you don't want a refurb in exchange.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

how long should i leave the battery out for and what number would I contact Nokia at? and I think the girl at the Cingular Corporate store tried that and thats ow my phone got like this anyway...so I dont think the factory reset will work. and the people from CIngular told the girl that they couldnt give me a replacement phone and they were the ones who messed my phone up...and I'm away at school with out a phone this is really ridiculous this my only way of communication with my parents.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

16 years ago

You wouldn't need to leave the battery out for a long while - 15 minutes ought to do it.  It's similar to rebooting your computer. 🙂

Here is the web page link for Nokia warranty service if you'd prefer to go that route.  Nokia Warranty

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

16 years ago

i have the exact same problem as you, except i am on my 3rd replacement of my 6555 currently. so i am verry mad at this. Smiley Mad

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

16 years ago

the 6555 stinks, im on my third replacement with a new battery every time.... i need help

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

I got my first 6555 in October. Within 2 weeks I got a replacement phone. I just received another replacement 6555 last week and it seems more stable, but the battery life is still poor and unacceptable. Has anyone been able to get another phone beside the 6555 as a replacement? I am getting tired of getting more 6555 replacement phones.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.