For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
erikthegreat's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 15th, 2007 4:06 AM

Closed

Nokia 6555 problems

I have a Nokia 6555 and it periodically shuts off on me and takes forevor to return also when i plug it into the charger it will repeatedly stop and start charging and it never fully charges and won't hold it's charge a lot.  If somebody could let me know how to fix it or how to get it fixed i'd appreciate it thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

16 years ago

With my 6555 I also have the battery issues but the biggest problem that I have is the poor reception that I get in my apartment.  When my fiance is here she has full bars and she is with another carrier.  A friend that has AT&T was here with his iPhone and he had great reception, I have none.  I hate it!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

16 years ago

Not to mention the TERRIBLE DESIGN of the PTT button and the backlight which goes off after about 5 seconds, leaving you with a black screen and no way to turn it on cleanly. Battery aside, these flaws could be fixed easily through software...but haven't been. Shame on AT&T & Nokia.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

16 years ago

What did you do about your problem with the battery? I haven't had this phone for two weeks yet and have to charge my battery every day so far since I have had it. What is a better phone to get from AT&T. Help someone!!!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

16 years ago

Have you all noticed that AT&T and Nokia ARE NOT LISTENING? They screwed up this phone, and while I've been scanning all the forums I can find regarding the battery, backlight, and PTT button, there is not a single response, anywhere, from Nokia or AT&T. I assume they stopped selling the phone and plan no support. Too bad there's no call for a class-action suit. This is horrible customer service.

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

16 years ago

Mimetic wrote:
Have you all noticed that AT&T and Nokia ARE NOT LISTENING? They screwed up this phone, and while I've been scanning all the forums I can find regarding the battery, backlight, and PTT button, there is not a single response, anywhere, from Nokia or AT&T. I assume they stopped selling the phone and plan no support. Too bad there's no call for a class-action suit. This is horrible customer service.

Nokia & AT&T reps, even if they do read this, usually do not respond, unfortunately.

I do apologize that many of you have had issues with your phone. I really don't have many complaints for this phone and I've had it for about a month and a half now. Every phone has it's little flaws that are difficult to get around. And those issues - the battery, backlight, and PTT - really aren't big enough to do any sort of recall or class-action suit. They're honestly inconveniences, not big issues.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

16 years ago

After, I got my Nokia 6555. I was looking around in the forums and started reading what everyone was saying about this phone.  I will say I did not like what I was reading.  It had me worried.  But since I have had my phone I have been very happy with it.

So I want to put my two cents in on this phone.  I will admit when I first got it, I used it like crazy playing around with all the features and stuff.  For the first 4 days, I had to charge it every two nights.  But now, I charge it every 4 and a half to 5 days.  I did turn off the constant running of the 3G/Internet.  It only turns on when I want to actually access it.  I am not big on being on the phone all the time so yes I haven't talked much on it.  I do text message and access the weather channel everyday.  I turn my phone off each night and turn it back on in the morning.

My opinion, people like me who hardly ever uses a phone or when you do your conversations are 5 minutes or less.  The battery life span is not a problem.  If you are a big phone person and must be on it all the time, using the web none stop, and using it as a MP3 player; then yes you will have to charge your phone every two nights if not every night.  And I don't use the mp3 feature because I have an iPod.  So another reason my battery last a while.

So there it is.  That is my input on it.  I am happy customer with my phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

16 years ago

3G/Internet how did you turn it off

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

16 years ago

Settings - Connectivity - Packet Data - Packet Data Conn. - When Needed.

This keeps it from running all the time.  It will only turn on when you access the 3G/Internet/CV

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

16 years ago

This does turn off GPRS access so that the phone only accesses the GPRS network when needed (indeed a battery saving measure).  However, GPRS ( "General Packet Radio Service" ) is not 3G.  Unfortunately, the ability to turn off 3G access is typically one of the things that is eliminated with at&t's firmware.

Message Edited by hme83 on 01-29-2008 01:12:17 PM

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

my nokia 6555 i just recieved mine in december after christmas and my phone just wasnt getting my phone calls but i could make them so i took it to the corporate store and they gave me a new sim card and now my keypad won't unlock and i can't get to anything on my phone i can't make a phone call and im really tired of cingular sending me these stupid replacement phones.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.