Troubleshoot your device issues
erikthegreat's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 15th, 2007 4:06 AM

Closed

Nokia 6555 problems

I have a Nokia 6555 and it periodically shuts off on me and takes forevor to return also when i plug it into the charger it will repeatedly stop and start charging and it never fully charges and won't hold it's charge a lot.  If somebody could let me know how to fix it or how to get it fixed i'd appreciate it thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

Problem solved.  It was the SIM card. . . plopped it into another phone and that phone did the same thing!  This makes me wonder how much exchanging of phones was unnecessary after all!  Thanks for your help!

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

16 years ago

@erikthegreat wrote:
I have a Nokia 6555 and it periodically shuts off on me and takes forevor to return also when i plug it into the charger it will repeatedly stop and start charging and it never fully charges and won't hold it's charge a lot.  If somebody could let me know how to fix it or how to get it fixed i'd appreciate it thanks.

It sounds like it is a battery problem.  You may need a new phone. If you have a spare battery, put that in your phone.  See if your phone returns to normal.  You can also go to your local AT&T store, there they can test out your battery. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

16 years ago

i have the exact same problem.
i hate my Nokia 6555
it has horrible battery life and it wont hold a charge and the periodical turning off and the themes crash and its horrible.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

I had the same issue with my Nokia 6555. After having the phone for 2 weeks the phone would shut down after making a call with the car charger plugged in. After doing that several times, it would shut down after making a call even if the charger was not connected. I took it back to AT&T and they gave me another phone. I haven't had problems with this one shutting down for no reason, but the phone does get warm when I talk on it for more than 5 minutes.

As others have said, the battery life of this phone is horrible. I have to charge it up every other day and I don't use it constantly.

Other than those issues, I love the phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

16 years ago

i have 3 6555's in my house and have the same issue. Did you ever get an answer?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

16 years ago

did you get any answers to your issues?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

I didn't get an answer to the issues, just a new phone

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

I also have a 6555. The short story is-- you will learn to hate your phone and you will never be happy with it. Don't ask me how I know.

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

16 years ago

My wife has the 6555, and has yet to complain about anything on it (and coming from my wife, that's rare!).  I've even played around with it and found it to be a fairly decent product.  Battery seems to last 18+ hours under various tasks, and charging every night doesn't bother us. 

I'll agree that it's not a phone for everyone, but for the right people it can be great.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

Smiley MadI just switched to ATT from Nextel. I purchased the Nokia 6555 for my daughter on Nov 25th. We did not activate it until Dec 20th. Her Nokia has done the same thing within a week of having it. When we brought it back to ATT after reading others problems on this forum. They advised I could not change phones because I had purchased it over 30 days prior. They gave me a new battery and that did not help it still shuts down. If you are considering a Nokia 6555, DON'T buy it. If ATT is reading this you should do something to fix it. because of the contract you make us sign, I am stuck but I will  publicly let everyone I know who is considering switching phone companies about my experience. If Nokia is reading this you should consider a recall and fix your issues!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.