For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Mr. Steamy's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, February 11th, 2011 12:26 AM

Nokia 6350

I am waiting on my third 6350 in six weeks. Each one started out fine. I was/am disappointed in the strength of the vibrate and the fact that there is no clock always present on the mini screen. After working fine, each phone begins to cut off calls and/or text. Then I get an error message regarding SIM failed to register. Then the phone loses service and will not function until you take the battery out and restart it. I have taken the battery out numerous times, done a master reset on each phone and even changed SIM cards. Both times AT&T has taken the phone back since it is under warranty. Is anyone else having this issue of SIM card failing to register? I'm beginning to think the 6350 is junk.

Guru

• 

637 Messages

13 years ago

The main troubleshooting steps I'd recommend for this are the things you've already done, but there may be one or two other things to try.

Please make sure the IMEI listed on your line is correct and current.  If you've recently done a warranty exchange, you should be able to do this at http://www.att.com/updatedevice.  If that doesn't work, a fast call to Customer Care or technical support can confirm and/or update the IMEI.  If the one listed isn't correct and needs updated, you'll need to power the phone off and back on for the update to take effect.

Could you possibly be roaming on off-network towers?  I doubt that would cause the issues you're describing, but you've already ruled out the most likely causes (a defective phone, a defective SIM card, or a poorly seated SIM card).  Normally, you can't see when you're roaming, but Customer Care can enable a feature to show it.

I hope it gets resolve.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

A few users have reported luck with shimming the SIM on the 6350 - it's worth giving it a shot, as for a time there were several at&t SE and Nokia models where people were reporting this type of problem and the shimming trick had varying degrees of success.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I got the third 6350 today. So far no problems. What do you mean by shimming the SIM?

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

@Mr. Steamy wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I got the third 6350 today. So far no problems. What do you mean by shimming the SIM?

Just put a small piece of folded up paper or thin cardstock under the SIM card so that it forces it to maintain consistent contact with the contact points of the phone.  Some users found that the SIM was able to shift around slightly - and losing contact with the phone caused random SIM registration error messages and/or shutdowns that were resolved by removing the battery/reassembling the phone.  It may not resolve it, but if you do have the same problem with your third 6350, it's worth a try.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks. I got the third 6350 on Friday. Had no problems until today when the vibrate quit working. Sigh.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

May be junk. Free 6350, no contract to upgrade $ervice contract. Fell in love with it, bought accesories; couldn't connect the day they came in the mail; then blank. Going to the store to find out what the rebate is on a three week old free phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.