Troubleshoot your device issues
Elmonkis01's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 28th, 2008 9:51 PM

Closed

Nokia 6126 - Camera Problems - Won't Send Pictures

Has anyone else had problems with the Nokia 6126 not sending pictures?  The one I have now will take pictures, it just won't send them - when I click the Send button, the picture fades away and the screen goes back to the main opening screen.  The one I had before wouldn't even take the pics!

I just now ordered YET ANOTHER warranty replacement, which of course, is a rebuilt/reconditioned phone. 

Can anyone help me?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

@Elmonkis01 wrote:
Unfortunately, I am only about 6 months into a new contract, and I can't afford a new one right now, anyway.  Hopefully this new replacement will work.
Thanks for your help.

If you're going through warranty, you CAN ask for a totally different model after 2 or 3 returns. I returned my brand new Shine after 1 month due to shutting off issues. I got a refurb in it's place and had to return that one after 1 mo for the same problem. I asked warranty at that time for a totally different phone, the Lg Cu515, even though it was considered a downgrade. I didn't want a 3rd Shine since I figured I'd have the same problem. They offered me a VU or a NEW IN BOX Shine. I didn't want the touchscreen so I opted for the 3rd Shine. I am also "preapproved", from what they told me, for a different phone if this 3rd one acts up. So far, it's been behaving since I got the 3rd one in May.

Anyway, you can ASK for a different phone. It doesn't hurt to try. Just be nice about it when and if you do.

BTW, my husband has the 6126, his 2nd one. He lost it the other day, but found it, unfortunately. I told him he should have left it LOST and gotten another phone. The WORST Nokia that he's EVER had IMO.

Good luck! HAPPY NEW YEAR! Smiley Wink 

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

16 years ago

Well its refurbbed, so it makes sense. You could just try getting a brand new one

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

@Elmonkis01 wrote:
Has anyone else had problems with the Nokia 6126 not sending pictures?  The one I have now will take pictures, it just won't send them - when I click the Send button, the picture fades away and the screen goes back to the main opening screen.  The one I had before wouldn't even take the pics!

I just now ordered YET ANOTHER warranty replacement, which of course, is a rebuilt/reconditioned phone. 

Can anyone help me?

I've heard of some weird behavior with MMS on this model when advertising messages are disabled. Check your MMS settings and if the advertisements are disabled, enable them. If that doesn't help, perform a reset to factory defaults and don't disable the ads.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

Unfortunately, I am only about 6 months into a new contract, and I can't afford a new one right now, anyway.  Hopefully this new replacement will work.

Thanks for your help.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

I'll try those settings....hopefully it will cure the problem....

Thanks for your help.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

Elmonkis01 wrote:
I'll try those settings....hopefully it will cure the problem....

Thanks for your help.
Please let us know if they do.

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

16 years ago

Sometimes doing a master reset of the phone will do the trick too.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

I wanted to post this in another thread, but it was closed, so I’m posting it here. 

I don't have a problem sending messages because I don't text or send MMS messages.  However, the whole screen fading thing happened to me on Thanksgiving. 

I remembered to turn my phone to vibrate for dinner, but when I took it out of my pocket it was off.  I thought my battery was dead, but it wasn't.  After charging it, I power the phone on, it loads until it gets to the main screen.  Once it gets to the main screen, everything fades out (like an old TV turning off) and tries to turn itself back on 3 or 4 more times before it finally gives up. Of course now I can't get to anything on the phone, I tried even dialing 911 and "attempting" an emergency call but the phone shut off as it said it was attempting the call. 

The battery is full, there has been no water damage, and while the phone is over a year old, it has been kept in pretty good shape.  Luckily I still have my old phone to use in the mean time, but all of my contacts are saved on the other phone.  I would do a system reset, but I can't even get to the menu screen. Is there something I could try to fix my problem?  I'm not concerned about the phone working because I can upgrade after the new year, but I really want my contacts back!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

I think that's what I am going to do - tomorrow.  Thanks everyone for all your help!

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

Good choice. Good luck and Happy New Year!! Smiley Wink
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.