Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Nokia 3310 3G

Tutor

Nokia 3310 3G

The Nokia 3310 3G was released today, October 29. I am attempting to set up service for it and order a SIM card. When I called customer support the IMEI number is showing up as a 2G phone in the AT&T system. Is this device too new for AT&T to activate? Or will I not be able to use it with AT&T? 

Message 1 of 12
ACE - Sage

Re: Nokia 3310 3G

Today?  As far as I know it was released in Europe in May 2017 as a redux of the original.

It is a 2G phone and won’t work on ATT.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 12
ACE - Sage

These specs seem to indicate it has 3g for ATT (UTMS).  850 and 1900 are required and present.  Are you sure you have the 3g version?

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/Nokia-3310-3G_id10697/fullspecs

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 12
Tutor

The 3G US version was released today. Just google it. Here is a pic of the side of the box. Since 2G is not compatible in the US, I find it hard to believe it would be called 3G and sold by Best Buy if it won’t work in the US. But I might be wrong. 0877E52D-2D67-4C14-AD1D-2BFD07402C65.jpeg

Message 4 of 12
Tutor

http://www.techradar.com/news/nokia-3310-3g-in-usa-available-to-buy

Here is is a link with more info and showing the release date of today. 

63EE5487-3596-47C6-8EB2-5DDE65F9F11D.jpeg

Message 5 of 12
ACE - Sage

I would say it’s new and the IMEI range is not in ATT data base.  The specs appear to support it.

If you already have a SIM card, try it.

Message 6 of 12
Highlighted
Tutor

It works fine on AT&T; but I can't get data working at all on the thing.  I have it added to my MIcroCell and get full 3G bars (HSPA).

If anyone else figures out how to get the data working, let me know.

Message 7 of 12
Tutor

Message 8 of 12
Contributor

Hello Kudos,

I too purchased a 3310 3g and am trying to connect it to the AT&T network but can't even get that far.  Would you please tell me what you used for your settings to get the network to connect?

Many thanks.

-Michael

Message 9 of 12
Contributor

I bought a Nokia 3310 3G in the UK expecting it to work in the USA.  WRONG I bought the TA-1022 which is a European 3G phone.  You have to get the 3G variant with USA on the box.

Message 10 of 12
Contributor

Hi,

I am having this issue with the TA-1022 also.

Does the US version work ok in the UK though? Has anyone tested both US and UK?

Thanks 

Message 11 of 12
ACE - Sage

@tessasz wrote:

Hi,

I am having this issue with the TA-1022 also.

Does the US version work ok in the UK though? Has anyone tested both US and UK?

Thanks 

AT&T cannot possible tell you if a phone is compatible with ANOTHER CARRIER.  You must look up the specs and ask the intended carrier.

Message 12 of 12
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support