Troubleshoot your device issues
troydebie's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, October 29th, 2017 8:24 PM

Nokia 3310 3G

The Nokia 3310 3G was released today, October 29. I am attempting to set up service for it and order a SIM card. When I called customer support the IMEI number is showing up as a 2G phone in the AT&T system. Is this device too new for AT&T to activate? Or will I not be able to use it with AT&T? 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Today?  As far as I know it was released in Europe in May 2017 as a redux of the original.

It is a 2G phone and won’t work on ATT.  

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

These specs seem to indicate it has 3g for ATT (UTMS).  850 and 1900 are required and present.  Are you sure you have the 3g version?

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/Nokia-3310-3G_id10697/fullspecs

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

The 3G US version was released today. Just google it. Here is a pic of the side of the box. Since 2G is not compatible in the US, I find it hard to believe it would be called 3G and sold by Best Buy if it won’t work in the US. But I might be wrong. 0877E52D-2D67-4C14-AD1D-2BFD07402C65.jpeg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

http://www.techradar.com/news/nokia-3310-3g-in-usa-available-to-buy

Here is is a link with more info and showing the release date of today. 

63EE5487-3596-47C6-8EB2-5DDE65F9F11D.jpeg

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

I would say it’s new and the IMEI range is not in ATT data base.  The specs appear to support it.

If you already have a SIM card, try it.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

It works fine on AT&T; but I can't get data working at all on the thing.  I have it added to my MIcroCell and get full 3G bars (HSPA).

If anyone else figures out how to get the data working, let me know.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hello Kudos,

I too purchased a 3310 3g and am trying to connect it to the AT&T network but can't even get that far.  Would you please tell me what you used for your settings to get the network to connect?

Many thanks.

-Michael

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I bought a Nokia 3310 3G in the UK expecting it to work in the USA.  WRONG I bought the TA-1022 which is a European 3G phone.  You have to get the 3G variant with USA on the box.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi,

I am having this issue with the TA-1022 also.

Does the US version work ok in the UK though? Has anyone tested both US and UK?

Thanks 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.