Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 26, 2008
2:49:12 PM
View profile
Nokia 2680 settings help - Old Blue ATT
Anyone know where I can find the settings for MMS on the Nokia 2680? I already checked Nokia's website and the phone is not on there yet for retrieving settings. We are still using the old Blue ATT service so it would be considered mMode and or AWS MMS I believe.
Anyone know where I can find the settings for MMS on the Nokia 2680? I already checked Nokia's website and the phone is not on there yet for retrieving settings. We are still using the old Blue ATT service so it would be considered mMode and or AWS MMS I believe.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 27, 2009 12:47:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Ludawg94 wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out otherwise I would have never found that setting. It is way confusing, I hate that there is abig difference between s40 and s60.

Well ok almost there. I got it to send but does not seem to recieve MMS, it is either that or the network is out of whack. I know I can send mms out of the phone becuase I sent one to my N95-3 and rcieved it immidiately. I sent an MMS from the N95-3 to the 2680 but have not receieved the MMS yet.

So this is what I have so far:

Configuration> Personal Confirguation Settings> Multimedia Messaging > AWS MMS:

Account Name: AWS MMS

Server Address: http://mmsc.mymmode.com

Use preferred access point: No

Acess Point Settings:

-Proxy: Enabled

-Proxy address: 010.250.250.055

-Proxy Port: 8080

Bearer Settings:

-Packet Data Access Point: GPRS (Should it be renmaned to Data Packet?)

-Network type: IPv4

-Authentication Type: Normal

-User name: blank

-Password: blank

I don't have my 6131 with me to check the exact place, but poke around MMS settings to make sure the phone is not set to receive messages on home network only (or other download restrictions). Since you're using AT&T Wireless card, the phone may think you're always roaming.

Also, the last time I tried MMS a couple of years ago it was really spotty — first I couldn't get the message to show up, then the next day it wouldn't stop receiving the same message over and over again. I had to call CS and ask them to intervene Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Nokia 2680 settings help - Old Blue ATT

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2008 3:06:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Ludawg94 wrote:

Check this post for AT&T Wireless MMS settings.

Ludawg94 wrote:

Check this post for AT&T Wireless MMS settings.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Nokia 2680 settings help - Old Blue ATT

2 of 11 (7,096 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2009 11:13:27 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks but my problem is that the phone itself does not allow me to manually insert the settings for MMS. It tells me to check with my providor which in this case its AT&T but when I called them over the phone they couldn't set the settings for me because they supposedly don't know how with this phone. I called Nokia but they supposedly don't know the settings for mms. Also I tried using the settings Nokia has on their website when they send them to you via text messaging but have yet to recieve one through the phone to set up the mms settings. If any one knows the help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks but my problem is that the phone itself does not allow me to manually insert the settings for MMS. It tells me to check with my providor which in this case its AT&T but when I called them over the phone they couldn't set the settings for me because they supposedly don't know how with this phone. I called Nokia but they supposedly don't know the settings for mms. Also I tried using the settings Nokia has on their website when they send them to you via text messaging but have yet to recieve one through the phone to set up the mms settings. If any one knows the help is greatly appreciated.

3 of 11 (6,566 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2009 7:45:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Will it allow you to add a new profile for the MMS and GPRS settings?  If so, you can set them up using the settings in the above link and then assign the new profiles as the default for MMS and GPRS access.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Will it allow you to add a new profile for the MMS and GPRS settings?  If so, you can set them up using the settings in the above link and then assign the new profiles as the default for MMS and GPRS access.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

4 of 11 (6,551 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2009 10:14:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Ludawg94 wrote:

Beginning with S40v3 the settings procedure has changed somewhat. On my 6131 I need to go to Menu -> Settings -> Configuration -> Personal config. settings and there I can add a new entry. See if on your 2680 the process is similar to this.

Ludawg94 wrote:

Beginning with S40v3 the settings procedure has changed somewhat. On my 6131 I need to go to Menu -> Settings -> Configuration -> Personal config. settings and there I can add a new entry. See if on your 2680 the process is similar to this.

5 of 11 (6,548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2009 10:26:01 AM
(0)
Master
Did you try this page? https://nokiags.wdsglobal.com/globalJumpPage.html

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

6 of 11 (6,541 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2009 10:36:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

youngjm wrote:

Yes, the OP said in the first post that the 2680 is not listed there yet Smiley Wink

youngjm wrote:

Yes, the OP said in the first post that the 2680 is not listed there yet Smiley Wink

7 of 11 (6,539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2009 11:58:49 AM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks for pointing that out otherwise I would have never found that setting. It is way confusing, I hate that there is abig difference between s40 and s60.

Well ok almost there. I got it to send but does not seem to recieve MMS, it is either that or the network is out of whack. I know I can send mms out of the phone becuase I sent one to my N95-3 and rcieved it immidiately. I sent an MMS from the N95-3 to the 2680 but have not receieved the MMS yet.

Acess Point Settings:

Bearer Settings:

Acess Point Settings:

Bearer Settings:

8 of 11 (6,318 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 27, 2009 12:47:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Ludawg94 wrote:

Acess Point Settings:

Bearer Settings:

I don't have my 6131 with me to check the exact place, but poke around MMS settings to make sure the phone is not set to receive messages on home network only (or other download restrictions). Since you're using AT&T Wireless card, the phone may think you're always roaming.

Also, the last time I tried MMS a couple of years ago it was really spotty — first I couldn't get the message to show up, then the next day it wouldn't stop receiving the same message over and over again. I had to call CS and ask them to intervene Smiley Happy

Ludawg94 wrote:

Acess Point Settings:

Bearer Settings:

9 of 11 (6,319 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2009 11:53:36 AM
(0)
Scholar
yeah I think it was the spotty ATT service because even though the mms sent from the 2680 came in sintantly the ones I sent from my N95-3 to the phone did not show up till today but hey got it working so that's what matters!
yeah I think it was the spotty ATT service because even though the mms sent from the 2680 came in sintantly the ones I sent from my N95-3 to the phone did not show up till today but hey got it working so that's what matters!

10 of 11 (6,273 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2009 5:16:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Ludawg94 wrote:

Glad to hear it's all good now!

Ludawg94 wrote:

Glad to hear it's all good now!

11 of 11 (1,492 Views)