Troubleshoot your device issues
aworks's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, February 2nd, 2015 4:37 PM

No Signal-HTC VX

Is anyone else having trouble with getting a signal on their HTC VX? For months my phone would randomly lose signal but for the last couple of days, it has not had any signal at all. I've tried to troubleshoot it according to the information provided on the AT&T website but it has not made any difference. There are not any device support centers in my area and whenever I try to contact tech support through live chat, it's never avaliable, even though it says that it's avaliable 8am-11pm M-F and 9am-9pm Sat.  

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @aworks

I’d be happy to help with your device’s signal loss! This is often related to a device/SIM issue. What I would recommend would be to perform the following:

• Remove the SIM card from the device
  • With a pencil eraser, gently rub the contacts of the SIM card
  • Wipe off any debris with a soft cloth
  • Re-seat the SIM card in the device

Should the issue persist after performing these steps, please visit any AT&T store with the device and we can replace the SIM card for free.

Thanks,

Charise

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I did as you said twice but it did not make any difference; it still does not have a signal and I cannot neither make nor recieve calls. 

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @aworks

Were you also able to replace the SIM card at an AT&T store? If the SIM replacement does not correct the issue, we may need to look into replacement options. As you have stated that you do not have a Device Support Center in your area, our best option would be through our Technical Support department. Please see our Contact Us page for information on how to reach us and a direct link to our chat department or give us a call from another device at 800 331 0500.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.