Troubleshoot your device issues
JeffinDallas's profile

Mentor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, December 16th, 2008 11:00 PM

Closed

New OS Issue - Doubling All Calendar Appointments!

I received the new OS this morning.  And now, on my Curve, every single calendar entry has been duplicated.  One is listed with "email profile 1" (which is my att.blackberry.net address) and the second copy is listed with "email profile 2" (my POP account that syncs up, when I tether, to my personal Outlook calendar).

I cannot figure out a way to remove the duplicates.  I tried deleting one that was flagged as "profile 1" (my BB address) and when I synced up - it deleted it from my desktop Outlook calendar (even though I specifcally picked the non-outlook-calendar account).

Has anyone else seen this?  More importantly, any ideas on how to get rid of the duplication?

Accepted Solution

Mentor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

That seems to have worked (with a slight change in what was said)!!  Thank you so much. 

To outline what I did (for future people needing to fix this):

• Connect the BB to your computer.
  • To go Backup and Restore
  • Go to Advanced
  • File / Open and select the backup
  • Under "Device Databases" pick "Calendar - All" and hit the "Clear" button
  • Once the Clear is done, do a Sync.   

Scholar

• 

120 Messages

15 years ago

One way is to use the advanced options, open your most recently saved backup (probably from when you upgraded) on the left side, clear the calendar entries from your right side, and copy over the calendar from the backup.

Professor

• 

1.6K Messages

15 years ago

If you don't have dupes in Outlook just use the backup utility to clear the calendar and re-sync.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.