Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Netgear nighthawk LTE mobile hotspot

Highlighted
Contributor

Netgear nighthawk LTE mobile hotspot

My job is requiring me to be connected through an ethernet cable. I only have access to wifi in my area. I noticed that the netgear nighthawk LTE mobile hotspot has a port to connect an ethernet cable. Ny job will do an it test to verify that I am using an ethernet connnection. If I plug it in to my computer, will it register as wifi or a connection through ethernet?

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert

Re: Netgear nighthawk LTE mobile hotspot

@Giraffes005 Technically you're on an Ethernet connection, but the question is what are they testing for?  

If they backtrack it (reverse IP lookup), it's not going to report a location that looks like where you are (but when the cellular connection comes to the internet).

Something like this can tell where I'm at with my home internet https://www.iplocation.net

BUT my result is the same if I use wifi or ethernet as it leaves the house via the same box.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support