Helpful Links

Need help with GoPhones and plan for GoPhone

Tutor

Need help with GoPhones and plan for GoPhone

I'm a low user of a cell phone, maybe 20 minutes a month.  Don't need to access the internet through a cell tower.  Limited budget.

I plan to buy either the Nokia Lumia 520 or AT&T Radiant and add the 10 cent/minute prepaid plan.  I think this would cost $25 every 3 months.

Can the low cost plan be added to either of the phones or must I purchase a higher monthly rate paln?

Also, can I access the internet at free hotspots like a Starbucks or using my home router without any plan costs?

Can I transfer pictures to my pc using a usb cable without incurring any plan costs?

Thanks for any replies.

Brad

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Need help with GoPhones and plan for GoPhone

bradnwa wrote:

I'm a low user of a cell phone, maybe 20 minutes a month.  Don't need to access the internet through a call tower.  Limited budget.

I plan to buy either the Nokia Lumia 520 or AT&T Radiant and add the 10 cent/minute prepaid plan.  I think this would cost $25 every 3 months.

Can the low cost plan be added to either of the phones or must I purchase a higher monthly rate paln?

Yes, you should be able to do it, although you may not be able to do so online. A corporate AT&T store should be able to help. Make sure to block the data on the device itself.

Also, can I access the internet at free hotspots like a Starbucks or using my home router without any plan costs?

Yes, absolutely. Any free WiFi will work without costing you anything.

Can I transfer pictures to my pc using a usb cable without incurring any plan costs?

Yes again.

Thanks for any replies.

Brad

Replies inline.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: Need help with GoPhones and plan for GoPhone

Thank you dmapr.  I'll buy a phone at Best Buy then take it to an AT&T store and confirm everything before opening the box.

Brad

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support