Need help with GoPhones and plan for GoPhone

Tutor

Need help with GoPhones and plan for GoPhone

I'm a low user of a cell phone, maybe 20 minutes a month.  Don't need to access the internet through a cell tower.  Limited budget.

I plan to buy either the Nokia Lumia 520 or AT&T Radiant and add the 10 cent/minute prepaid plan.  I think this would cost $25 every 3 months.

Can the low cost plan be added to either of the phones or must I purchase a higher monthly rate paln?

Also, can I access the internet at free hotspots like a Starbucks or using my home router without any plan costs?

Can I transfer pictures to my pc using a usb cable without incurring any plan costs?

Thanks for any replies.

Brad

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Need help with GoPhones and plan for GoPhone

bradnwa wrote:

I'm a low user of a cell phone, maybe 20 minutes a month.  Don't need to access the internet through a call tower.  Limited budget.

I plan to buy either the Nokia Lumia 520 or AT&T Radiant and add the 10 cent/minute prepaid plan.  I think this would cost $25 every 3 months.

Can the low cost plan be added to either of the phones or must I purchase a higher monthly rate paln?

Yes, you should be able to do it, although you may not be able to do so online. A corporate AT&T store should be able to help. Make sure to block the data on the device itself.

Also, can I access the internet at free hotspots like a Starbucks or using my home router without any plan costs?

Yes, absolutely. Any free WiFi will work without costing you anything.

Can I transfer pictures to my pc using a usb cable without incurring any plan costs?

Yes again.

Thanks for any replies.

Brad

Replies inline.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: Need help with GoPhones and plan for GoPhone

Thank you dmapr.  I'll buy a phone at Best Buy then take it to an AT&T store and confirm everything before opening the box.

Brad

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support