For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
bigemuller's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 4th, 2015 3:03 PM

NAT type for mobile hotspot?

they only way i can get internet is through the mobile hotspot i have the white velocity and when i go to play xbox live the NAT is strict and i cant connect to my friends at all how can i fix this? is it even possible 

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey @bigemuller

I’d be happy to help with your Xbox Live NAT type issue! We’ll need to set up port forwarding on your Hotspot device to change the NAT type! For steps on how to achieve this, please consult the user manual.  Please see here for Microsoft’s guide on NAT issues! - http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

was this ever solved? I have the same hotspot and am unable to get open nat even with ports forwarded

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I'm having the same issue and port forwarding does not work. ATT CSR, I think these ports are still restricted on your end. Do you guys ever assign a static IP on a personal account to fix this? Is there a solution?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Can you guys change the isp so that I can use port forwarding I'm getting a double Nat I'm guessing because of there being a modem on your end.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

So did they resolve this issue yet? Because it's not on microsofts side it's on AT&T and their strict ports guidlines

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Same here but with Nintendo Switch...every non-AT&T customer I know is able to connect and play flawlessly, but noone with AT&T has been able to. AT&T please enable us to use dmz or change NAT types on our mobile hotspots.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Is it possible to fix this with the net gear nighthawk? 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I'm having the same issue with my new one x has there been any progress on fixing this problem tried port forwarding and DMZ still no luck

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I haven't had no luck yet. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

AT&T... REALLY with this sh*t?!?!
It's been 3 years since the first person posted about this issue, & AT&T can't make it to where the Velocity or any other hotspot thing can control NAT type so we can play games??!?

I just got my Velocity & I can't get onto any multiplayer games & my chat f*cks up!

THIS IS NOT RIGHT!! 

• 

7 Messages

Its just at t, Verizon hotspots cone standard with open NAT. Sprint hotspots com standard with moderate NAT. And at t comes standard with strict NAT. You get what you pay for i guess?  At t forces you to buy nighthawk hotspot router and then you can get an open NAT. The nighthawk ranges from $200 to $500 depending on model. Hope this helps

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.