Troubleshoot your device issues
desertrose2426's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 11th, 2012 4:14 PM

My phone won't charge :(

I just got my Pantech Link ii on Monday and it is awesome! But when I plugged it in to charge it that night  it "beeped" to say it had starting charging but then a couple seconds later, it stopped charging. I tried to plug it in and again it beeps to say it's charging and then stops and shows a battery with a exclamation mark next too it and comes up and says, 'Check your battery' but there is nothing to check. There is no water damage, I have not dropped it or anything. I really, really love this phone and do not want to replace it. Can I just get a new battery? How much will it cost? Shouldn't they replace it for free since it was sent to me defective? Is it really defective or am I just doing something wrong? Please help! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@desertrose2426 wrote:

I just got my Pantech Link ii on Monday and it is awesome! But when I plugged it in to charge it that night  it "beeped" to say it had starting charging but then a couple seconds later, it stopped charging. I tried to plug it in and again it beeps to say it's charging and then stops and shows a battery with a exclamation mark next too it and comes up and says, 'Check your battery' but there is nothing to check. There is no water damage, I have not dropped it or anything. I really, really love this phone and do not want to replace it. Can I just get a new battery? How much will it cost? Shouldn't they replace it for free since it was sent to me defective? Is it really defective or am I just doing something wrong? Please help! 

pull the battery and reseat it, if that does not fix it and you jsut got it on Monday take it back to the retailer and request an exchange

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I ordered it online, can I go through at&t somehow or do you think I would have to find a store?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@desertrose2426 wrote:

I ordered it online, can I go through at&t somehow or do you think I would have to find a store?

not sure, maybe one of the ATT people can answer that for you

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

You can call in for support about this phone if wingrider's suggestion doesn't help. 

A retail store is a great option, if you're able to do it because they can help troubleshoot with the actual phone. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.