Troubleshoot your device issues
E the P's profile

Scholar

• 

216 Messages

Monday, November 4th, 2013 4:26 PM

Mobile IPv6

Does anyone know if AT&T has rolled out IPv6 for its wireless devices?  Any plans to do so if not?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

There is a site that provides any available information about IPv6 technology and roll out:

AT&T IPv6 Support

There is unfortunately no information about wireless devices that I can see at this time.

Dmitriy

Scholar

• 

216 Messages

10 years ago

@ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

There is a site that provides any available information about IPv6 technology and roll out:

AT&T IPv6 Support

There is unfortunately no information about wireless devices that I can see at this time.

Dmitriy

Yes, I saw that too but could find little to no information on their wireless network.  I'm personally interested in IPv6 and at&t likes to brag how they are a "leader" in this, but I guess not in wireless implementation.

Thanks for your help.

Scholar

• 

216 Messages

6 years ago

Well after how many years, I'm finally getting an IPv6 address on the at&t cellular network!!!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hey, I just noticed this post. Would you mind sharing how you were able to get an IPv6 address on your wireless device? This would really remove the need for NAT when using my Xbox on a mobile device via tethering or a mobile hotspot device. Thanks in advance!

Scholar

• 

216 Messages

6 years ago

Depending on your device, it should obtain an IPv6 address automatically.  IPhones will do this and I believe Android as well.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Ah, okay. That makes sense. It’s a good thing that there isn’t an extra needed step. I was planning on getting a Nighthawk MR1100 Mobile Hotspot (which is IPv6 capable). We’ll see how it goes!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I know it's a bit late but I have a nighthawk mr1100 and, while download and upload speeds are great, it will not get ipv6. Would love to see it get an ipv6 address because it is NATed to heck. Strict or nat type 1 depending on console.  As far as I know there is no way around it. I called at&t and while they were nice they really had no idea what ipv6 even is let alone how to get it on the nighthawk. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.