Mobile Hotspots - How do they work?

Tutor

Mobile Hotspots - How do they work?

[ Edited ]

Hello, I have a question, my husband travels and often the hotel Wi-Fi is unreliable. Would a mobile hotspot work? If so does the data used apply against his IPhone plan or is the data used off of the hotspot plan. PleaseI am not a tech person and do not understand this.

Message 1 of 2 (1,789 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author 63kmmel
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Mobile HotspotsHow do they work.

63kmmel wrote:

Hello, I have a question, my husband travels and often the hotel Wi-Fi is unreliable. Would a mobile hotspot work? If so does the data used apply against his IPhone plan or is the data used off of the hotspot plan. PleaseI am not a tech person and do not understand this.

It would really depend upon a few things on how your husband sets up his account(s).  If he has a Mobile Share plan and places his iPhone and the hotspot on the same account, then they will share data, so they both use from the same data pool.

If the hotspot is setup with its own account, then anything usning the hotspot will use the hotspot's data account, and not its own account data.  This means that it could be either way depending upon how he chooses to setup his account.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (1,759 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.