Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Messages going to wrong number on account

Highlighted
Contributor

Messages going to wrong number on account

I recently added a line and gave that person my old iPhone. I setup the new phone under my number and switched the sim cards per the AT&T sales person. Now when my family and friends try to text me, the messages are going to the other person with my old iPhone. They have the new sim card and I have my old sim card from the iPhone. How can I fix this so messages being sent to me, come to me and not the other person?? Thank you! 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎09-23-2019 8:46 AM

Re: Messages going to wrong number on account

They aren’t going to the number, they are going to your Apple ID.

If you get that sign out of and factory reset your old phone, and set up the new user with their own Apple ID. Please make sure that it’s done right away. Do you want to remove all of your information, your iTunes and your Apple ID from any device you’re no longer using. Turning off find my iPhone and factory resetting the device per apples directions

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Messages going to wrong number on account

Thank you! So far so good. I appreciate your help.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support