Troubleshoot your device issues
puzz28led73's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, January 10th, 2017 11:27 PM

Lumia 830 Error 0x800f081f Not Installing Udate 10.0.14393.576 to Make Windows 10 Mobile Work Better

I've been getting Error 0x800f081f after it's about to actually instal Update 10.0.14393.576 to make Windows 10 Mobile work better.  I tried to get this update installed 7 times after I just upgraded my Nokia Lumia 830 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.  Please advise on how to get this update 10.0.14393.576 to install successfully.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

673 Messages

7 years ago

@puzz28led73 ... This ca be a difficult thing to fix. Most important question, do you have ~8MB free space? You say you've tried 7-times. Did you happen to perform a soft-reset during one of those attempts? If not, do that. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power Button until the Phone Vibrates and resetarts. After that, then you should try the update again.

If you've already attempted the Soft-reset OR after the soft-reset you still have the problem. You may need to hard-reset the phone. Honestly, you may have to do all of the following or just go straight to the last

First thing I'd do is backup the Device

Settings/Update & Security/Backup/More Options/Backup Now

[DoThisFirst]

After you've completed the backup, you might want to be safe and copy your photos, videos etc off the device to your computer.

[/DoThisFirst]

Now ... perform a Hard-Reset

Settings/System/About/Reset your Phone

After Reset you'll have to configure your device again. Your device will be reset to the SAME version of Windows 10 Mobile that you are currenty on.  During this process you'll be prompted to Restore your backup, do that.

Once you're into the phone I'd let all the apps etc, update. Then you'll need to configure the Windows Insider App. Then run your system update.

If the update works, great ignore everything else. If it doesn't then your next option is to reset the phone back to factory.

To do this you'll need to install Wndows Device Recover Tool and use it. I'm including a link to the Device Recovery Tool FAQ

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq

This resets your phone back to facory. You'll need to run all the Windows Phone 8.x updates and do not worry about restoring any backups. Then you can get the phone onto Windows 10 Mobile. Run your updates AND besure to set your Windows Insider app to Preview!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi ODad,

Thanks for responding.  Luckily, I didn't need to do any of the tasks listed above.  That update 10.0.14393.576 stopped appearing on my phone and was replaced by a newer? update 10.0.14393.693, which seemed to be a "replacement" and a better update for 10.0.14393.576.  My Nokia Lumia 830 is working properly now that I don't see the update for 10.0.14393.576 not installing properly.  The "newer" updade 10.14393.693 was successfully installed and the phone is showing it is up-to-date right now.

Thanks for your quick response.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

7 years ago

@puzz28led73 glad your issue is resolved. .693 installed on one of my devices last night. So far, good for me. Hope it works well for you too!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.