Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Lumia 640 Windows 10

Contributor

Lumia 640 Windows 10

When will att provide the upgrade from OO 8.1 to 10?
Message 4 of 80
Contributor

Re: Windows 10 update for Lumia 640

Upgrade Advisor only tells you your phone is ready for Windows 10. We need
AT&T to push it out to us.
Message 61 of 80
Teacher

Iam aware it took me over a month and a half before I was notified to dwn load…set phone for notification and I am a 10’er…good luck
Message 62 of 80
ACE - Professor

Correct, you have the 640XL, which hasn't had W10m released yet, via AT&T OTA.

Your options are to wait (for OTA update from AT&T), or go Insider (see my previous post).

That's it, unfortunately or not.  

I figure at least you *have* options in this case, and even to get a better build than what would like by the OTA push.  

If you had an Android phone (most anyway), you couldn't do this, you'd just have to wait.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 63 of 80
Contributor

How about for the 640 XL?  Still no update  Smiley Sad  Very dissapointed

Message 64 of 80
Contributor

Just bought another 640xl, ran the Upgrade Advisor and it says phone is eligible but still waiting for upgrade!! What do I need to do to get Win 10 on this phone??? Help!!!
Message 65 of 80
ACE - Professor

@MikeMckSee my options above, which were also recommended by ATTMobilityCares...

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 66 of 80
Contributor

You need to wait interminably, or, do what I did to get Windows 10
mobile - buy a 950 XL.
Message 67 of 80
Contributor

Still waiting for upgrade to windows 10
Message 68 of 80
ACE - Guru

@dkigef... which device do you have?

ODad
Message 69 of 80
Teacher

Message 70 of 80
Teacher

It will take awhile
Message 71 of 80
Teacher

Hang in there I waited awhile but one day I got the word and bam
Message 72 of 80
ACE - Professor

@rtbbf1967@dkigef, maybe.  

That's assuming that we're talking about the 640, and NOT the 640XL, which as far as I know, hasn't had a W10m release OTA, from AT&T, as of yet.

ATTMobilityCares went so far as to suggest Insider too, for the 640XL, for the "interim", which is probably saying something...

Message 73 of 80
Contributor

Still can't update to windows 10 on Lumia 640 xl using upgrade advisor app .Still says working with carrier.Any updates?Phone purchased August ,2016
Message 74 of 80
Teacher

It takes awhile might b a couple months
Message 75 of 80
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support