Troubleshoot your device issues
JKOsborn4's profile

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

Thursday, December 4th, 2008 3:40 PM

Closed

Lock screen on Tilt

I just got my refurb Tilt (couldn't swing $300 for a Fuze) and I'm trying to get used to the differences. I had been running an 8125 with WM 5.0, to the Tilt with 6.1 is generally a good upgrade.

However, I cannot find how to lock the screen. Everytime I put this in the case, it is on a random screen when I pull this out.

With WM5, there was a button on the home page to lock the screen. But I can't find it on WM6.1

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Guru

• 

642 Messages

15 years ago

You also can go to "Settings">"Today">"Items" (bottom of screen) and check "Device Lock".
Then your Today screen will show "lock" and ability to tap to lock.- to unlock you need to tap at bottom of screen and then, again, to confirm in middle of screen.

Guru

• 

642 Messages

15 years ago

www.cellfeatures.com/mobile/att_tilt/att_tilt_tip_ho.php

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks. I was hoping for an icon or something I could put on the home screen. Currently, I have to click the icon with 4 boxes and then the paddle lock.

Guru

• 

642 Messages

15 years ago

JKOsborn4 wrote:
Thanks. I was hoping for an icon or something I could put on the home screen. Currently, I have to click the icon with 4 boxes and then the paddle lock.

There is one - do a search for "HTC End Key .cab"

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

If you click the power button, it turns off the screen, not the phone. To turn screen back on again, just click the power button again.

If you long press the power button, then it turns off the phone.

Message Edited by Zandora on 12-04-2008 05:25:54 PM

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

15 years ago

@prubin wrote:
You also can go to "Settings">"Today">"Items" (bottom of screen) and check "Device Lock".
Then your Today screen will show "lock" and ability to tap to lock.- to unlock you need to tap at bottom of screen and then, again, to confirm in middle of screen.

That's what I was looking for.

Of course, now I have to scroll down to get to it, but at least it's there.

Thanks.

Guru

• 

642 Messages

15 years ago

@JKOsborn4 wrote:

@prubin wrote:

That's what I was looking for.

Of course, now I have to scroll down to get to it, but at least it's there.

Thanks.

You can change the location (placement) of items on the Today screen - tap the item you want to move up or down (ie, calendar, messages, device lock) and then to the right the move up or down boxes will light up. Then you can move the individual items
When I used my Tilt, I had lock at the bottom, as it was easier to hit with my fingernail - but whatever suits you best.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks! I don't know how I missed that. Smiley Surprised
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.