Troubleshoot your device issues
aubreyl003's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, October 23rd, 2008 10:31 PM

Closed

Lg shine questions

Is there any way that i can set a ringtone as a message tone for when i recieve messages? also, is there a way i can set what the up and down and right and left arrow keys do when im at the main screen so that when i press up it doesnt automatically go to a new message?

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

aubreyl003 wrote:
ok thanks ive been trying to figure it out so i guess i wont have to anymore haha, do you know what the two little blue boxes mean on the top of the screen (next to how many bars I have) they are only there sometimes?

I'm almost postive that is an Application Icon. I just tried it by clicking on opera mini and that's EXACTLY what came on the top middle of my screen. So I suppose if you open any application on the phone, that's what you will see......Yep, just tried it out on a different aplication and got the SAME little blue boxes. That's what it is. Smiley Happy

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

aubreyl003 wrote:
Is there any way that i can set a ringtone as a message tone for when i recieve messages? also, is there a way i can set what the up and down and right and left arrow keys do when im at the main screen so that when i press up it doesnt automatically go to a new message?

Sorry, NOT on the SHINE you can't. You HAVE to use 1 of the 10 preset message tones. Yea, I KNOW...NOT GOOD!

There is NO WAY to configure the joystick either...that's the way it will ALWAYS be. YEP, another design flaw. Smiley Indifferent

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

ok thanks ive been trying to figure it out so i guess i wont have to anymore haha, do you know what the two little blue boxes mean on the top of the screen (next to how many bars I have) they are only there sometimes?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

The little boxes mean that you have two or more applications open at once.  There is a little button on the side, in between the camera button and the volume/zoom buttons, and when you click that a pop-up comes on the screen showing what programs you have open.  then you can click one or the other and either quit or continue what you were doing.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

VanillaValhalla wrote:
The little boxes mean that you have two or more applications open at once.  There is a little button on the side, in between the camera button and the volume/zoom buttons, and when you click that a pop-up comes on the screen showing what programs you have open.  then you can click one or the other and either quit or continue what you were doing.

That is the MULTITASKING BUTTON that you're talking about. If you go to My Stuff>Applications and click on just ONE of those, you will see that the 2 little blue boxes appear at the top middle of your screen as well.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.